Will_H
Hopefully some quickies.
  • 2006/5/16 23:05

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Extended Profiles Module

I cant seem to change, or find for that matter, the "email" field. Basically I have no reason to email my users, dont ever care to at this domain. I do not use email validation on this one so I have no reason for the email field to be required. Why is it that every field with the exception of the "email" field is editable?

My question is: To hack, or not to hack?

is there a workaround here?

XM-MemberStats module

Site traffic has been booming as of late. So I disable the "list ip's" option so that my theme would not be stretched 5000px before the footer. Now that it is disabled the block shows that all of the visitors are members. "0 guests 85 members". Odd thing is is that when the "ip list" is shown, it works perfectly.

My question is: wtf?

seriously wtf.....

gestroud
Re: Hopefully some quickies.
  • 2006/5/16 23:21

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

1. Do you allow users to edit their email addresses in Preference-->Extended Profiles-->General Settings?

2. There is an "install" directory in xmmemberstats. Has it been used? I think that should take care of the problem.

m0nty
Re: Hopefully some quickies.
  • 2006/5/16 23:46

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

you could probably remove the check.. however i couldn't say if it will cause more problems if the email field is left empty by users.. if they subscribe to topics or forums, i dunno if it would cause issues with notifications

Login

Who's Online

500 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 500

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits