carlc7
Full html directory?
  • 2006/5/14 10:51

• carlc7

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/14

Hi! What does full html directory means? Is it the folder where I unzipped all my xoops! 2.0.13.x files including docs, extras and html? or just the html subdirectory?

wtravel
Re: Full html directory?

Can you specify the context of this? To which file, manual, url are you referring?

carlc7
  • 2006/5/14 11:31

• carlc7

• Just popping in

From the Xoops! Install Guide I downloaded. I'm trying to transfer the XOOPs files to my web root directory (public_html) and install XOOPs

wtravel

Which part do you have a question about? Please copy and paste the paragraph or sentences you are referring to. Otherwise it is hard to get the context.

'Full HTML directory' most likely refers to the public_html folder in your case, but without knowing the full context, it could also mean another directory.

carlc7
  • 2006/5/14 12:36

• carlc7

• Just popping in

Here's the XOOPS installation guide:

As of this writing, the XOOPS version of choice is 2.0.5.2, and you have two download options. You got the archive as a TAR file (1,013 kb, quite better compression) or as ZIP file (1,602 kb), so the first thing to do is to uncompress the archive in some local directory. What will you get?

You get a directory called xoops-2.0.5.1 that has three subdirectories:

· docs, a place where you can read the change log, the GNU/GPL license, a credits file and a HTML install document

· extras, where you have an option to display your login form in a pop up, as well as another version of the x2t theme. Why this second version? Because here it includes the whole template set, not just the theme files. It even includes a few extra goodies, such as a template to display your news in a two column format;

· html, which contains all the code of your XOOPS site.

So, in order to begin your installation, you have to copy the contents of the full html directory to the root directory of your environment. What was that again? You need to copy the contents of the full html directory to the root directory of your environment. Oh, you'd rather have a little explanation about this. Well, here it goes.

If you're installing this to a local machine, this means copying the directory to the directory where your web server will look for files. For instance, my testing environment is a package I got from the Apache friends, called WAMPP1. In many of these packages, the web root is a directory called htdocs, so the first step is to copy the entire html folder so that it sits inside htdocs. Ready? Now change its name to xoops. This means that, when you run things locally, you'll have to type http://localhost/xoops to access your XOOPS site.

Now, if you're installing your site in a hosted remote server, you'll have to upload the html directory to one of the directories you have access to. In this case, you'll probably have a public_html folder, and that's where you'll need to upload the complete html directory. Again, after uploading everything (probably with an FTP client software), change the name of this folder to xoops. Since you'll be installing in your root folder, in this case you'll access your site typing in your browser http://www.yoursite.com.
----------------------

I downloaded XOOPS version 2.0.13.x

wtravel

Okay, then in this case it means you need to copy (upload) the files from the html folder in the installation package to the folder where you want to install XOOPS. This can be your public_html folder.

HTH

Login

Who's Online

315 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 315

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits