wizanda
Guide written by Xoopers on free advertising
  • 2006/5/1 6:39

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Now since there is so many ways to get free advertising, and so many way that either work or a scam.
There are also so many XOOPS members, so hopefully if everyone adds to this post there tips on advertising; it can become a guide to all XOOPS new members and also others, attracting them to Xoops.
As again we show we do have community! (Well use to, lol I think many of us have been busy lately, yet regardless we still do!! if people have the time or glance a post they know how to fix, out of the core of us, we do try and help if we can.)

Anyway, so if you know anyways to advertise for free, that has been successful or free auto submitters that work and have a good listing, please add them for all to find out about.

Ok for me one thing I have found and I know a lot of people may not want them on their site, yet I joined webring ages ago and it helped my ranking loads.
I did sort of go on a mission though and for wizanda.co.uk joined about 800 webrings (a bit of a pain if the site goes down for 24 hours, as I get 800 emails).
The thing with this and what I figured is that in those 800 webrings I am in, each may have 20 sites, so start 800x20=16000xadvertisng each site has done independently=loads!!

If you are in a good webring then some of those may have pay per click advertsing, which means when your site is next to theirs in the webring, it counts on search engines.
Now I said 20 as an average, yet some webrings can have 200+ sites, times this by the amount of links, it works out as and wham bam Google or any other search engine instantly sees you as popular.

How do I know that this works?, wizanda.com is new, when I first started it, all I did is move the existing webring off, wizanda.co.uk and on to wizanda.com, it instantly went to top of Google.
I later put this back and really shouldn’t have messed, yet I just wanted a site to go straight in. (I sort of messed it up, as it take time for you to be in next page order and to be then counted)

So that is my two cent, if anyone else knows way like this or others that can work and not cause you to much grief in the process, please add them for everyone to hear about.

wtravel
Re: Guide written by Xoopers on free advertising

Nice to see this example Did you come across any webrings that may be useful for XOOPS to attract more visitors?

wizanda
  • 2006/5/1 7:00

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Yeh I used www.webring.com

There is a XOOPS one some where, if not make another, then we can all join it, who use webring.

AS on my site it doesn't take up much space as you see, it's dynamic, so you just have the one you make, with your design.

We could have an offical XOOPS one, for XOOPS qaulity assured sites, it doesn't take long to manage either, I manage 20 web rings or so.

wizanda
  • 2006/5/1 7:09

• wizanda

• Home away from home

If we did do that an XOOPS had its own, the managment team could choose sites they feel are worthy of being in a quality XOOPS webring.
That way when people wishing to try Xoops, they could first have a look through the webring of what XOOPS could do?
Else we could have it on Xoops Factory As this is already observing most of the XOOPS sites.
You could even make it if you win the site of the month you get added to the webring?

Anyway just some ideas

studioC
  • 2006/5/1 9:10

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

@wizanda,

thanks for pointing to xoopsfactory.

starting xoopsfactory, It was my first goal to introduce XOOPS sites (and their webmaster) and examples of XOOPS usage. Looking into my stats there are some who look for XOOPS example sites and links around this cms. There are some hits on keywords "xoops" "xoops sites" and "xoops examples". Did you search for this keys? First starting within article section i merged this area into my blog which seems to be very interesting for searchengines.

Introductions of xoops, experiences of webmasters made with XOOPS seems to be interesting to others, and of course an inspiration as it is for me.

Starting XOOPS site of the month in august 2005 there was near the same goal, show XOOPS examples and usage.

xoopsfactory is not a secret tip to free advertise a XOOPS site and XOOPS site news, but an introduction of a XOOPS site in my blog should not be that bad.

Anyway, I'm open for ideas such as yours, and tips to get them work, for i'm no coder but speaking html

Michael

wizanda
  • 2006/5/1 9:21

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Have a look at webring and its is a simple as 123

Just join, create a webring copy snnb code which is dynamic html, into block on xoops.

Done, then people apply to it, and if their sites are worthy as you will know, then they can be added, you have an admin within webring thats easy to use, you get emails when people apply.

You can also design the navigation code a bit, to make it look like a qaulity assurance for xoops, then people will be glad to have it on their front page, not sure if you could even shrink it into a side block, have a look.

Anyway, I sound like I am force feeding webring, it just it has worked for me, so thought I would share it, anyone with any other ideas on advertising?

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits