Peekay
Come visit... but you have to pay council tax!
  • 2006/4/24 20:39

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

In the U.K, after a period of time, a house guest is considered to be a permanent resident. The local authority must then be advised, in case the home-owner's council tax needs to be re-calculated.

This seemed reasonable, until I was told by my council today that the period of time is ... one week!

Welcome to England.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

aph3x
Re: Come visit... but you have to pay council tax!
  • 2006/4/24 20:42

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

heh we allways had that..if your guest stays longer than 15days it'll be considered as resident and he'll have to pay
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

m0nty
  • 2006/4/24 23:43

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

then don't tell em :P

i've had a flatmate here now for the last year an half, and i neglected to inform the council, as i would lose my 25% single tenants discount off the tax.. lol the deal is, he buys the food, pays half the tax and i pay the rest of the bills.

altho this last 6 months he's been staying 4 days here, 3 days at his g/f's lol so that avoids that issue ;)

altho i'm moving house in a couple/few months time, so things will change by then.

i hate the TV license more tho..

aph3x
  • 2006/4/24 23:46

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

well i haven't told anyone when one visited me for some months, but i have "loving" neighbors that noticed more then 1 and they notified the council LOL
The Themes

m0nty
  • 2006/4/24 23:55

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

yeah.. don't ya just hate people like that..

altho i don't really have any neighbours lol.. i have a printing shop next door to me, then next door to that is a pub. next door to me on the other side is a road lol and opposite side of the road is another pub..

it's great not havin neighbours, means i can crank the bass up and the amp when i playin music or mixing.. hehehe

aph3x
  • 2006/4/25 0:01

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

cool :)
i live in an apartment building and there are about 6 apartments on the floor , just old folks that don't have much to do but to spy on people , think they have a counter for all the people coming over.
Hope i'll be moving this summer IF the whole country won't be under watter by then...untill then i'm known as "the boy with the loud mussic"
The Themes

m0nty
  • 2006/4/25 0:17

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

hahaha same here..

ya can hear my music when i crank it up, the other side of the green.. it drowns the music comin from the pubs on a sat night..

it just sounds a whole lot better loud when u can feel the bass punchin u in the stomach.. lol

Mantooth
  • 2006/4/25 15:01

• Mantooth

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/2

Quote:

m0nty wrote:

i hate the TV license more tho..

TV license??? I've never heard of anything like that before.

In the city that I live in, law says that no more than 2 unrelated people can reside on the same property. So we just put one person on the lease and the other 3 are permanent "house guests" because there's no time limit.

I hate Mortal Kombat

davidl2
  • 2006/4/25 15:11

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

TV License... a license paid to the BBC to allow you to use a television at all. For any channels. Even if you don't actually watch tv, but only use it for dvd playback use.

Also known as the TV Tax, and some less-than-pleasent other names.

m0nty
  • 2006/4/25 15:12

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

yes in the uk, we have to pay a license fee to watch any tv. this fee goes to the bbc. regardless of whether or not you watch bbc or even if you only have subscription tv. if you have the capability to receive tv broadcasts originating in the uk, then you *must* buy a license whether you watch them or not.

it suxx big time and it costs around £110 a year.

if you're caught watching tv without a license you can be fined upto £1000 or even sent to prison in extreme circumstances, and they can confiscate your equipment.

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits