shaxs
Random Issues with MultiMenu and EXT Cal also with theme issues and Random Image Load issues
  • 2006/4/24 5:36

• shaxs

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/6/1 2

Hello All,

I am trying to get my uncle's website finished for his church. I would like to accomplish a few things and can't seem to get it.

I want to add a secondary MutiMenu that is only avaiable to users logged in. Problem 1) whenever I enable the second menu, the wehole site goes blank. Problem 2) I wasn't able to find an option to restrict it to logged in users.

When I enable the minical block for ExtCal, might site goes blank.

If you go tohttp://209.240.152.195/ you will see there is no space between the blue section under the header and the rest of the page. However, if you go to SmartSection,http://209.240.152.195/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=2 it creates a nice blank space.

Lastly, if you go back to the home page and press relaod a bunch of times and watch the loading of the page, you will see that randomly the site will slow down a lot to load the random image. Is there anyway to fix or optimize this?

jensclas
Re: Random Issues with MultiMenu and EXT Cal also with theme issues and Random Image Load issues

Whoa! You have three possibly very different questions/issues here. Asking them all in one post may not help get you the answers. Let's get some clarification:

First what version of xoops, php etc are you using. It is almost always necessary to indicate this.

Quote:
I want to add a secondary MutiMenu that is only avaiable to users logged in. Problem 1) whenever I enable the second menu, the wehole site goes blank. Problem 2) I wasn't able to find an option to restrict it to logged in users.

Have you searched on Multimenu? Chances are you will always have some troubles with a second installation of a menu if that is what you have done. the expert on Multimenu may not yet have picked up on this thread but if you were to post specifically on help needed for it you may get an answer.

Quote:
When I enable the minical block for ExtCal, might site goes blank.

Turn on php and smarty debugs and see what comes up. Check the FAQ on blank pages. Use the tutorials for debug listed in the find helps docs thread linked below...and if you still cant find an answer post a thread specific to this module with the version information.

3. Quote:
Lastly, if you go back to the home page and press relaod a bunch of times and watch the loading of the page, you will see that randomly the site will slow down a lot to load the random image. Is there anyway to fix or optimize this?

The immediate answer: Turn off random images in your blocks admin

The more gruelling way - Search for terms like loading times and website speed and see what others have had to say - there are a whole host of reasons why this may be happening and ways of deciding which path to take to make it go faster.

HTH

blueteen
Re: Random Issues with MultiMenu and EXT Cal also with theme issues and Random Image Load issues
  • 2006/4/24 12:44

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/16

Quote:

shaxs wrote:
Hello All,

I want to add a secondary MutiMenu that is only available to users logged in. Problem 1) whenever I enable the second menu, the wehole site goes blank. Problem 2) I wasn't able to find an option to restrict it to logged in users.

hello,
which version of multiMenu ? and XOOPS ? mysql, php ?

1) if you activate a new block menu, you site goes blank ?
you have no warning when activating debug php ?

2) you can create 8 (or 16 block menus)
and you can restrict easily each block to one or more groups.

you only have to create a news block, an limit it to be viewed by registered users (you can restrict rights on links too).

you must go to block options for this block, and you will be able to choose good rights.

I hope to be clear

Will_H
  • 2006/4/24 13:07

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

An easier way to admin your block is to use Blocksadmin, which is available in the forge. As for the rest of your questions, we are waiting on versions.

BTW very nice work so far.

shaxs
  • 2006/4/25 20:20

• shaxs

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/6/1 2

Quote:

Biteronboard wrote:
An easier way to admin your block is to use Blocksadmin, which is available in the forge. As for the rest of your questions, we are waiting on versions.

BTW very nice work so far.

Thanks, a lot. Its been a long process and I now jsut need to finish the site.

Here are the module versions:

multiMenu 1.8
eXtCal 2

I know this is an open source community, which I love btw, but I am willing to pay to get this fixed and finished. Silly I know. But finals are coming up and the church really needs this done and unfortunatley my skills are just not top level. Let me know if anyone is interested in helping tweak this a bit to get it completely working.

I still have to create flash video tutorials on how to use all the major features, so my hands are full with that.

jensclas

Your helpers need the info on these versions:

Quote:
hello,
which version of and XOOPS ? mysql, php ?

Login

Who's Online

104 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 104

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits