Graviton
Adding a forum of xoops into a normal HTML website
  • 2006/4/14 14:17

• Graviton

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/10

Hi,

I have to make a forum for my companies website (it's in HTML). There's a database and everything attached (MS SQL).

Is it possible to install everything needed to run XOOPS ( but in a way that the original website stays and I use Xoops
to put a link in the original website for a forum)

So what i mean is; XOOPS running "inside" a normal website and only taking care of 1 single link to a forum, so without conflicts between databases, webservers etc etc or should i find a forum in HTML or something?

I do not have much experience with websoftware and databases so bare with me please.

Regards,

Filip

rabideau
Re: Adding a forum of xoops into a normal HTML website
  • 2006/4/14 15:11

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

You would need to install XOOPS which requires MySQL not MS SQL...then link to your XOOPS site from within an html page on your primary site.

You need the whole XOOPS CMS installed with the Forum of your choice to make this work. Perhaps you'll also want to make the XOOPS theme compatible with your primary site.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

Mantooth
Re: Adding a forum of xoops into a normal HTML website
  • 2006/4/14 18:37

• Mantooth

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/2

if all you need is a forum, i don't understand why you would want to install xoops.

you should just install a forum script like phpbb that is much better than any XOOPS integrated forum.

I hate Mortal Kombat

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits