Xman04
MultiMenu 1.8 errors after upgrade
  • 2006/4/10 22:01

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/12

Hi,

I just upgraded from Multimenu 1.7 to 1.8., the 16 menu version. I'm receiving a bunch of errors, and I'm not sure if there is something I did wrong during the installation.

I overwrote the 1.7 module (all the files) with the new 1.8 module, and then updated the module in the administration section of my XOOPS installation. I noticed that there is an upgrade folder in the module, but the upgrade files in that folder seem to be for older versions (thus, I didn't run those).

Here are the errors I'm receiving:

Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_09 - assumed '_MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_09' in file modules/multiMenu/xoops_version.php line 336
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_10 - assumed '_MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_10' in file modules/multiMenu/xoops_version.php line 350
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_11 - assumed '_MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_11' in file modules/multiMenu/xoops_version.php line 364
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_12 - assumed '_MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_12' in file modules/multiMenu/xoops_version.php line 378
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_13 - assumed '_MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_13' in file modules/multiMenu/xoops_version.php line 392
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_14 - assumed '_MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_14' in file modules/multiMenu/xoops_version.php line 406
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_15 - assumed '_MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_15' in file modules/multiMenu/xoops_version.php line 420
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_16 - assumed '_MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_16' in file modules/multiMenu/xoops_version.php line 434
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_09 - assumed '_MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_09' in file modules/multiMenu/xoops_version.php line 528
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_10 - assumed '_MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_10' in file modules/multiMenu/xoops_version.php line 536
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_11 - assumed '_MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_11' in file modules/multiMenu/xoops_version.php line 544
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_12 - assumed '_MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_12' in file modules/multiMenu/xoops_version.php line 552
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_13 - assumed '_MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_13' in file modules/multiMenu/xoops_version.php line 560
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_14 - assumed '_MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_14' in file modules/multiMenu/xoops_version.php line 568
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_15 - assumed '_MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_15' in file modules/multiMenu/xoops_version.php line 576
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_16 - assumed '_MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_16' in file modules/multiMenu/xoops_version.php line 584

Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant _MI_MULTIMENU_MM_TITLE_09 in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 260
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant _MI_MULTIMENU_MM_INDEX_09 in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 260
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant _MI_MULTIMENU_MM_TITLE_10 in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 260
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant _MI_MULTIMENU_MM_INDEX_10 in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 260
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant _MI_MULTIMENU_MM_TITLE_11 in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 260
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant _MI_MULTIMENU_MM_INDEX_11 in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 260
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant _MI_MULTIMENU_MM_TITLE_12 in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 260
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant _MI_MULTIMENU_MM_INDEX_12 in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 260
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant _MI_MULTIMENU_MM_TITLE_13 in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 260
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant _MI_MULTIMENU_MM_INDEX_13 in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 260
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant _MI_MULTIMENU_MM_TITLE_14 in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 260
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant _MI_MULTIMENU_MM_INDEX_14 in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 260
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant _MI_MULTIMENU_MM_TITLE_15 in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 260
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant _MI_MULTIMENU_MM_INDEX_15 in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 260
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant _MI_MULTIMENU_MM_TITLE_16 in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 260
Warning [PHP]: constant(): Couldn't find constant _MI_MULTIMENU_MM_INDEX_16 in file modules/system/admin/preferences/main.php line 260

adrock
Re: MultiMenu 1.8 errors after upgrade
  • 2006/4/10 22:08

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

from Mowaffak over in the comments under the news article for this mod;
Quote:

Re: multiMenu 1.8 - final version: when multiMenu goes dy...
Hi,

In multiMenu 1.8 – 16 menus, the name of multimenu from 09 to 16 display as lang varaibles in admin page ( _MI_MULTIMENU_NAME_09 , .... etc )

So you can fix this by edit :
modules/multimenu/language/english/modinfo.php
then replace :
for ($i = 1; $i <= 8; $i++) {
with:
for ($i = 1; $i <= 16; $i++) {

you need to update your module or reinstall it again

-Enjoy!
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

Xman04
  • 2006/4/11 5:33

• Xman04

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/12

Hi adrock,

That fixed it! Thank you!

Dave

blueteen
  • 2006/4/11 6:47

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/16

thank you for the fix, it will be corrected in the next archive
(for all others languages too)

melsen
My probably is rather that I dont understand the guides...
  • 2006/4/11 8:19

• melsen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/22

Right.. so I'm watching the demonstration of MultiMenu 1.8 in action onhttp://www.arma-sa.com and are stunned with amazement.. it looks AWESOME and is PRECISELY what I need for my gaming site... yet, my problem consists of not understanding the core structure of Xoops, and therefor the guide provided in MultiMenu is completely confusing for me.

Now, what I want to make is the "floating" menus like there is on arma-sa.com.. meaning.. you hover your mouse over something, and a sub-menu appears left of it.

But.. reading the guide with referrals to editing the theme.html file.. which I can't see any logic in (coder illeterate and scared of ruining anything), and a guide that referres to various 'smarty' stuff and so on just makes it too complicated for me.

A more in-depth guide that explained it to me as if I was a 4 year old would have been nice, and at the same time with an explanation of what links would do what in which type of navigation block as well.....
Allan Melsen
[size=x-small]Founder of R.I.A.[/size]

Renegade Insane Asylum

blueteen
Re: My probably is rather that I dont understand the guides...
  • 2006/4/11 9:07

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

ok
- install multiMenu module
- go to multiMenu administration
- click on multiMenu 01
- click on 'new link'
- put a title, a link, a type for the first link
- repeat this for all your links
- go to block admin
- edit multiMenu 01
- choose a position (right, left...)
- choose the weight
- put a title for the block
- choose a format (vertical...)
- validate

see the result on your website

try with 2 or 3 links in a first time. (1 standard, and 2 secondary permanent for example)

post here if there's a problem with any of these explanations.
send us, if you can a link, with your menu, to help you to debug

except some rares cases, you don't need to edit any templates for use multiMenu.

melsen
  • 2006/4/11 13:00

• melsen

• Just popping in

Well.. you can actually go tohttp://renegade.insane-asylum.dk to view it. The block that says 'Game Portals' is set up with MultiMenu...

But.. instead of having it done like you see there.. what I'd like to get done is having it made, so when you for example hover the mouse cursor over 'Pirate of the Burning Sea' it will then show a new menu with the actual sub-links that belongs to that section.. and so on and so forth.

Does that make sense?

It's that specific feature I would LOVE to get.
Allan Melsen

Renegade Insane Asylum

blueteen
  • 2006/4/11 13:27

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

ok,
can you give us, a screeshot of block's options for this menu.
and screenshot of your links too

melsen
  • 2006/4/12 6:24

• melsen

• Just popping in

Absolutely =)

http://www.insane-asylum.dk/files/BlockOptions.jpg
http://www.insane-asylum.dk/files/MultiMenu01.jpg

I tried toying with selecting various other options.. like drop down of various sorts... but when I do that.. I can't make any links appear in the block at all.. they all just vanish and I get an empty block.. regardless of what type of links I make.

Also.. if you could explain how to set up that menu that appears once you right click the mouse button - That'd be fantastic also...

Most of all.. I just really really wanna make that menu system works so when you hover the mouse cursor over a specific item, and new menu pops up on the side... thats fantastic!
Allan Melsen

Renegade Insane Asylum

blueteen
  • 2006/4/12 6:41

• blueteen

• Quite a regular

ok,
it's what I thought.
do you see : "block format" inhttp://www.insane-asylum.dk/files/BlockOptions.jpg

in the select list, change 'list' to 'vertical' for example
valid

then, for your links :
http://www.insane-asylum.dk/files/MultiMenu01.jpg

you must define : pirates of the burning sea as main link
that's right

but you must define the 6 next links, as permanent sublinks !
to reveal them onmouseover 'pirates of the burning'

same thing for 'age of conan' (main link)
and -coming soon (permanent link)

etc...

a submenu (composed of permanent/relative sublinks) is revealed onmouseover main link.

try to display again your webpage.

we will see for your context menu, when the vertical menu goes ok.
that will not be difficult.

Login

Who's Online

264 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 264

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits