griff3
Newbie question, module or block?
  • 2006/3/30 7:26

• griff3

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/30

I've been messing around with XOOPS now for a few evenings and I think I really like it. I must be missing something, however, as I can't seem to find a way to simply display some text on my Top Page. In the administration area, I have setup to display the Main menu, login, and user menus on the left side, A couple of things on the right, and I want to be able to display some text, more specifically some html I guess, in the middle. I tried installing the "Content" module, but that doesn't appear to be what I'm looking for. I tried creating a custom block with the HTML in it that I want to display, and it does display, but with a border around it (default theme) and a title at the top of the border.

What I'm looking for is the best way to insert static html into the center/center area of my top page. I think with just a little nudge in the right direction my mental picture will be complete and I can take it from there. Thanks for your help.

By the way, the site isn't currently viewable, I switch to my regular production site when I'm not playing with this one until I understand it better.

Griff

tripmon
Re: Newbie question, module or block?
  • 2006/3/30 7:34

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

try tinyD (peak.ne.jp/xoops)

As far as the boder, that's likley the theme. sort it once you get a method to create your content.

griff3
  • 2006/3/30 8:11

• griff3

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/30

Thanks. I figured out the border, it was in the theme's .css file. I also see that I can remove the label within the theme.

Now that I'm seeing how to handle some of the aesthetic details, I'm still interested in opinions on the best module/block to use to display my page content. I'm hoping for some more suggestions.

Griff

Quest
  • 2006/3/30 9:51

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

There are some really good suggestions in the FAQ. Always check for the correct module for your XOOPS version and visit the authors home to see if you are getting the most current version (even if it is in the Module Repository).

Try here:
Static Content
and here
More on Static Content

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits