sonata
Blank Page - fine last night, today it's blank!
  • 2006/3/29 12:28

• sonata

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/21

Hi,

I've read through and tried all the things I could from the FAQs, but have had no luck..

Last night, I installed XOOPS 2.0.13.1. All was well, and the pages all showed up. I did some work on the site, adding lots of links etc..but when I've tried to access the site this morning, I get a blank page! I've got other installations of it working fine (on another hosting account with the same hosting company), and it was fine yesterday, so I'm most perplexed. Help!

Bender
Re: Blank Page - fine last night, today its blank!
  • 2006/3/29 14:58

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

So what were the results of what you tested following the faqs on this subject? (e.g. with php debug on, server error log)

Did you read this?

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=43912&forum=27
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

sonata
  • 2006/3/29 15:51

• sonata

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/21

Well, I couldn't do the server things, but changing the .htmlaccess file caused a 500 internal server error. The error log said that there was a problem with the php_flag command.

NeoFenix
  • 2006/3/29 16:38

• NeoFenix

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/8 3

we (you) need the output from php debug, maybe is just a god #OOPS# buggy module.

by the way do you refer to .htaccess?

Bender
  • 2006/3/29 19:45

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Since there are several ressources about blank pages ... did you check this one?

Why do I have a blank white page on my site?

If so then from this part of it

Quote:
A : To turn on debugging try the following things:
=
1. If you can get to admininstration menu, go to Preferences, select 'Main', and find the section on debugging options. Choose "PHP Debugging"

2. If you can't get to the administration page, but have access to mysql, try the query "UPDATE xoops_config SET conf_value=1 WHERE conf_name = 'debug_mode'". Be sure to make sure "xoops_config" matches the name of the config table in your installation. (NOTE: This does not work with XOOPS 2.2, see 2a)

2a. In XOOPS 2.2, go to your site's root file "recovery.php" and set the debug settings through the interface here

3. If you can't get to the administration page, and don't want to mess with mysql, but don't mind messing with PHP, then edit the file "include/common.php". Near line 83, change "error_reporting(0);" to "error_reporting(E_ALL);".

4. If this still doesn't work, your server or hoster may have turned off debugging in "/etc/php.ini" (linux) or "WIN_DIRECTORY/php.ini" (windows). Make sure there is a line in there "display_errors On".

5. If you don't have access to change this file (e.g. on shared hosting), then if the server uses the "apache" webserver, you can create a file called ".htaccess" to override the settings locally. This file should contain the line: "php_flag display_errors on". The tricky part is WHERE to put this file. Look at the URL you are having problems with. Put the file in the corresponding directory. e.g. If it is "someplace.com/xoops/" or "someplace.com/xoops/index.php" then you need to put the file in the main XOOPS directory. If it is something like "someplace.com/xoops/modules/system/admin.php" then put it in "modules/system" subdirectory of your XOOPS installation. etc.

did you try number 2 and 3?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits