Jzocco
Cannot write to mainfile.php
  • 2006/3/24 18:38

• Jzocco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/2 1

Okay i've done a XOOPS install a billion time but untill this week i've had no problems. I go through the install as normal (chmod all the right files) then i get to the point where it asked for db user name and that other stuff, i fill in the correct info and click next and i get an error saying "cannot write to mainfile.php, please check file permissions and try agian"

Now i know what most of you are gonna say 'change the file permissions on mainfile.php' well i tried that

i "chmod 777 /var/www/html/xoops/mainfile.php"

has anyone else come across this and if you did how did you go by fixing it.

Thanks

zyspec
Re: Cannot write to mainfile.php
  • 2006/3/24 18:45

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

We'll need a little more info about your configuration. Operating System, Apache or IIS (and version), PHP version, MySQL version, XOOPS version, etc.

Jzocco
  • 2006/3/24 19:11

• Jzocco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/2 1

Apache 2.0
MySQL 4.1.11-2
Xoops 2.0.13.2
PHP 5.0.4-10

Additionally, we tried the clearstatcache() hack on the mainfilemanager file in the install/class directory. This did not work either (we saw this as a recent post).

We have created accounts in mysql, granted privs, the works.

We suspect there is something in the external apps (mysql, php-mysql, php, etc.) that support XOOPS that are causing this glitch.

An additional note: We are using software RAID. This additinoal feature is just about the only difference between an identical install we have (and working) on another machine.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

bumbum
  • 2006/3/27 11:21

• bumbum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/18

Have you tried to use an FTP program such as Dreamweaver to delete and upload a fresh copy of mainfile.php?

rajanurs
  • 2006/3/30 15:02

• rajanurs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/8

I am having the same problem but on my local server.

If I install XOOPS on IBserver pack its ok but today I tried to install XOOPS on InstantRails pack [RubyonRails... yet to figure out what it is for ].

I got a similar message stating cant write to mainfile.php

Directory uploads/ is writable.
Directory cache/ is writable.
Directory templates_c/ is writable.
File mainfile.php is writable.
No errors detected.

Could not write into mainfile.php. Please check the file permission and try again.

cosminnecula

I get the same message when installing XOOPS on a free hosting websever. It worked once with another account, now it does not work with this one (and another one that I created latest). I do just as described in the install instructions, all green lights appear confirming all required files and folders are chmoded 777.
But...

Could not write into mainfile.php. Please check the file permission and try again.

aph3x
  • 2006/4/20 12:47

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

@cosminnecula

well about free hosting...if free hosting means xhost.ro than you can just think about switch to a different freehost . I myself had some problems there and let me tell you it wasn't xoops's fault, 3x.ro also has isues not only to XOOPS but to many other cms's.
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

cosminnecula

Well... it was lx.ro. But the first time it went flawlessly. only second and third account have problems. What free hosting service do you recommend then?

aph3x
  • 2006/4/20 13:00

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

@cosminnecula try THIS i also have an XOOPS installed there and still works juuust fine
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

dreamer79
  • 2006/4/25 4:09

• dreamer79

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/25

I have the same problem on XP:
Apache 2 Triad 1.5.1(apache 2, MySQL 4.3, php 5)
the first screen about wwriting permissions says everything is ok, but the next one says it can't write constants- local path and so on. I try to setup ahttp://localhost/xoops. Help me, please.

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits