Quest
Xoops and Xoops Cube
  • 2006/3/22 13:36

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

What to do, what to do?

Just what is XOOPS Cube? I read from this link as much as I had time for and although I am a little smarter now, which isn't hard to be considering I start from zero anyway. After reading it: XOOPS Cube I am still not sure the page actually told me anything in regards to XOOPS and XOOPS Cube. Except that it did tell me it is different, yet you can use XOOPS Themes, and Modules with it. When I look at the diagram near the bottom it leads me to believe XOOPS 2.X and XOOPS Cube are in someway headed toward a merger??? Perhaps in the upcoming 2.4 platform or something like that?

My frustration I suppose comes from not knowing. Not knowing for sure just what to do.

Not sure if this makes any sense at all to anyone, but it is hard to communicate the baffling and mind boggling state of mind I can sometimes get myself in from reading so much stuff.

Anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it very much as would several hundreds more I suspect. More clarity, less verbage would be nice.

Thanks,
Quest

davidl2
Re: Xoops and Xoops Cube
  • 2006/3/22 13:44

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

It is a fork of XOOPS 2.0.

Xoops is developing in other directions, as illustrated by 2.3 .

It will not be compatible with XOOPS 2.2, 2.3 etc - and with modules, themes, etc developed for that.

m0nty
  • 2006/3/22 13:47

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

plenty of topics on the forum with regards to XOOPS Cube and what it is.. no they aren't going to merge. and will be different eventually from what i gather.. XOOPS Cube is a fork of xoops.. and lets not start all this debate up again.

however i can't see any positive discussion relating to XOOPS and XOOPS Cube being beneficial here.. it will inevitably draw into a whole thread of negative discussion with each side pulling each side down with lots of statements that have been discussed, argued and nobody gains from it.

either use XOOPS 2.0.13.2 if you like it or use XOOPS Cube.

but if you use XOOPS Cube, then the support is on the XOOPS Cube site and not here.

Quest
  • 2006/3/22 14:09

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

Thanks DavidL. I appreciate the help, your explanation was great.
I am sorry if I tee teed in someones cool-aid. Was not my intention. I hate debates !!!

And am in agreement with you Monty 110% they are often more counterproductive and time consuming than anything in regards to actual productivity. If my question causes undue greif or stirs up somekind of pandoras box I was not aware of please accept my apology and delete the question.

DavidL put it in a nutshell for me. Most of the time I do my best to read, search etc for all my needs but some things/topics are so voluminous, full of crap, confusion, mis-conceptions, mis-understandings and so on and so on that I am left with NO choice but to ask if someone can keep it simple for me. I don't have the next year or so to sort it all out and still be left in a state of bewilderment. Sorry!

BTW: I am fully aware I can use whatever in the heck CMS I want. And I will too.

I choose XOOPS because of people like DavidL and many others.

Thanks again DavidL.

davidl2
  • 2006/3/22 14:17

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

*blush* thanks! That's very nice of you.

We all try and do our best. But I agree with Monty, we don't really want to end up with a "my **** is better than yours" type discussion again

Login

Who's Online

421 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 421

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits