ludaluda
Images problem
  • 2006/3/15 0:03

• ludaluda

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/14

I installed XOOPS without any trouble, I'm not a pro but I'm not a beginner either.Ive worked several site with some softwares like cubecart oscommerce,etc...

I created a test banner and inserted graphics in some places (menus,etc.)

When im on the home page i see images but soon as i get on another section the images disappear.

Example, i enter the url of the banner (images/banners/banner.jpg) in the banner admin, and it appears on the first page, and when i click right button properties of image it says right url.

when i click news section, the image dissapears and the url now says modules/news/images/banners/banners.jpg...

why that?

and it does it for every new graphic i put on the site, with the url changing for the section.

i installed a simple theme of 7dana and 7dana looks like a company who knows what theyre doing, the template looks good build.

do i have to change other paths somewhere? I read about copying default tamplte or something and changin url when installing a theme, but the them worked just by changing it in the admin section and the tutorial was date from 2004 so i figured it was for older version.

cans omeone help me plz

Chris03
Re: Images problem
  • 2006/3/15 0:10

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

addhttp://www.yourdomain.com/images/banners/theimage.jpg

When you enter images/banners/theimage.jpg browser automatically adds the URL specified in the address bar in front.

if you view mydownloads or newbb it will add /modules/newbb/images/banner/banner.jpg in front. etc etc.
KickassAMD

ludaluda
  • 2006/3/15 0:14

• ludaluda

• Just popping in

but if i enter a full url, what will haoppen when i will move my website on another server, when ill be over building it, ill have to find every single url and correct them???

That's crazy, i build lot of sites and even site basic html with frontpage you dont do that.

Youre suppose to enter the root url, and the way i see it it will only do the full url of my site likehttp://www.mysite.com/module/news/http://www.mysite.com/images/news/image.jpg ...

it will always add what i enter to the virtual path of my site.

?????

Chris03
  • 2006/3/15 0:17

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

no it wont do that, it will wont add FULL url in front ofhttp://www.yoursite.com

If your move your site to a diffrent server, your URL isnt going to change, it will still be www.yoursite.com
KickassAMD

ludaluda
  • 2006/3/15 0:17

• ludaluda

• Just popping in

if XOOPS is build in that way then i think XOOPS have a major issue, and all constructers of it should stop everything they do right now and fix that. I mean it's a crucial part of building a website.

how a client that know little of website is suppose to have the ability to transfer and backup is website himself, he will always have to find me wherever i am at now to correct his website each time he change his server company?

Chris03
  • 2006/3/15 0:18

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

If he changes his server it wont matter, his URL will still be the same, and if he changes his URL then he has some config stuff he will need to change anyways in XOOPS core.
KickassAMD

ludaluda
  • 2006/3/15 0:19

• ludaluda

• Just popping in

Quote:

Chris03 wrote:
no it wont do that, it will wont add FULL url in front ofhttp://www.yoursite.com

If your move your site to a diffrent server, your URL isnt going to change, it will still be www.yoursite.com

yes it will, im building the website right now in a subdomain of my main website and the clients website is another url for example, mine is www.webmaker.com and he is www.computerparts.com i will have to change everything!

Chris03
  • 2006/3/15 0:20

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

that is why when you add a banner it asks for Image URL:

It wants the URL PATH.
KickassAMD

Chris03
  • 2006/3/15 0:22

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

Then you will have to edit mainfile.php once you move his site over, so there will be config changes to be made to your site. I moved a XOOPS site from an old URL to a new one once (i run a hosting company) and it was hell, things didnt work right, some modules hosed, it was a nightmare......
KickassAMD

ludaluda
  • 2006/3/15 0:23

• ludaluda

• Just popping in

Quote:

Chris03 wrote:
that is why when you add a banner it asks for Image URL:

It wants the URL PATH.

yes and the banner is in the images/banners folder!!!

but the website is in www.mysite.com/test so its www.mysite.com/test/images/banners and thats wut i enter wut you want me to enter?

i cant enter another adress and if i enter the full adress like that instead of only images/banners i will have to change the url to HIS url after, but how am i suppose to see the images on my website if i enter NOW the urls of HIS website, i cant build a website with red X's everywhere!!!!

I need to see what i am doing.

????

Login

Who's Online

262 user(s) are online (183 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 262

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits