spankee
rounded corners in IE
  • 2006/3/10 8:11

• spankee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/13

I have noticed some differences between FF and IE. I need some help in making FF look the same as Ie.
There are three points where I need help.

One being the rounded corners (which I did not think was possible in Ie), where are the selectors to make this change for FF?
The second being the spacing. I want the spacing to look like it does in Ie.
And thirdly the the "lost your passwor?" text in Ie is blue I want that black.

Here are screen shots of both.
FF
Resized Image

Ie
Resized Image

Quest
Re: rounded corners in IE
  • 2006/3/10 10:25

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

This is where you can make the change for the Lost Password title color. Although, I don't know why it shows black in FF. If you want it black in IE too then change the below color hex to #000000 and that should work for both IE and FF. But when you do this it will make all block titles for the center column black as well. Not sure if that is what you want...

The change to make is in your theme folder themes/theme_you are_using/style.css:

td#centerCcolumn legend.blockTitle {padding: 3px; color: #639ACE; font-weight: bold; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px;}

Quest

m0nty
  • 2006/3/10 10:44

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

ya know.. It should be made Law in cyberworld that people have to use Firefox browser.. actually any browser EXCEPT for IE.. using IE should be punishable by extreme torture.

it would save us web designers loads of hassle n stress and make for us being a lot happier towards people..

rant over..

as quest said, try changing the colors, but after doing so.. check your site and go through the main pages etc to see if the changes affect any other sections..

a tip for you tho, if something doesn't look right elsewhere when you alter a color etc.. but looks ok on the part you wanted to change.. you can get out of that problem by editing the template for that particular module etc and add your own CSS id/classes.. then create that class in style.css :)

it will mean custom editing templates though but in the end you may just manage to get everything looking the same in all browsers (except for IE of course because that will never be identical lol)

stefan88
  • 2006/3/10 12:09

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Quote:

ya know.. It should be made Law in cyberworld that people have to use Firefox browser.. actually any browser EXCEPT for IE.. using IE should be punishable by extreme torture

Other opinions exist on that ...

But your LAW will not work here - his problem is FF!, not IE.

I think corners are from "<fieldset>" tag in your theme files. I'm not shure you could customize it.

Psychotic_Ca

I dont know how to make them rounded in both but I know if you specify a border they are both sqared
Psychotic_Carp
Resized Image

spankee
  • 2006/3/10 13:17

• spankee

• Just popping in

Ugh! I waited too long to send my reply and got logged off

Your suggestion did not work, however it led me to piece this together and it worked.
td#centercolumn legend {padding:3px;color:#DDD;font-weight:bold;margin-top:0;}

Trying to remember what I wrote...?

Any suggestions on the line spacing?
And...uh?
The round corners...after finding out that the title is being mysteriously controlled I have no idea where this fieldset is controlled at either. And once again how can Ie have rounded corners? Is it being treated like a button?

Psychotic_Ca

It is not rounded in ie7 but you could try

fieldset {
border-style: solid;
border-width: 1px;
border-color: #efefef;
}

make sure its not

.fieldset {
border-color: #efefef;
}

with a "."
Psychotic_Carp
Resized Image

kaotik
  • 2006/3/10 13:51

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

google: "nifty corners"
It's a great routine that rounds corners.
www.kaotik.biz

spankee
  • 2006/3/10 14:02

• spankee

• Just popping in

ok this worked.
td#centercolumn fieldset {
border-color: #efefef;}
I can't believe this problem has gone untouched for so long in the default theme. No wonder everybodies sites look the same.

@ Kaotik, I didn't want rounded corners. Ie for some reason had round corners and I was just trying to match that up in Firefox. But adding this new style the rounded corners are gone.
Thanks

Now I just need to work on the spacing which can wait till this afternoon when I wake up.

spankee
  • 2006/3/10 14:21

• spankee

• Just popping in

Well it looks like my spacing problem is prevalent in all XOOPS themes so nevermind. I am done for now.

Thanks for all the help...until next time.

Login

Who's Online

264 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 264

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits