doufas
Dolls house site advice!
  • 2006/3/2 22:55

• doufas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/9 7

Just a quetion of whether you think this is a good enough site? Does anybody know of any dedicated dolls house making directory to maximise awareness because it would be exceptionally useful if everyone knew about it

Thanks For your time

http://www.bloggomo.com
a reliable webhoster

gestroud
Re: Dolls house site advice!
  • 2006/3/3 0:48

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Nice theme! Always liked that one, but never had a site I could use it on. It's good to see someone using it.

Quote:
Does anybody know of any dedicated dolls house making directory to maximise awareness because it would be exceptionally useful if everyone knew about it

If you mean does XOOPS have a module with a directory for dollhouse aficionados, yes there is one.

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=40&lid=1608

It's a directory module that integrates nicely into XOOPS sites.

Copy and paste the following so that you can restrict the category to dollhouses, if that is what you want to do.

/Shopping/Recreation/Models/Miniatures_and_Dollhouses/Dollhouses/

You'll want to paste it in the "config.inc.php" file which you will find in the module's "include" folder. Look for the section about restricting categories and paste the text between the quotation marks.

You'll definitely want to make some font and background color changes in the "header.tpl" file found in the "templates" folder.

I would also seriously advise you to not turn the cache on in the module's "config.inc.php." Set it to 0 unless you want the cache folder in the module to wind up with tens of thousands of files in it. It took me forever to delete them.

The best bet is to set the cache in your Preferences-->System-->General Setting Menu. I guess a day is good.

gestroud

gestroud
  • 2006/3/3 0:51

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

You can also add your site to the directory. There are instructions at the bottom of the module.

jensclas

I love that theme but it didn't quite suit my site...my question is what is your primary purpose??
-inform
-teach
-collect website links
-sell????

While I don;t yet have a great community of participants, my site is a 'resource' for decorative painters so it has articles, free patterns, a bulletin board, a gallery, hot tips etc - take a look. All the modules I have used have come from here at xoops.Jen's classroom

Cheers

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits