fargomovie
rss wish
  • 2006/2/26 10:17

• fargomovie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/20

I wish for a comprehensive module that produces rss feeds. I have setup rssfit, but I don't think it has the power to do what should be built in to Xoops. I'm using the older 2.0.13 version so I don't know if rss functionality has been added to the new version.

My new site, ipTVinHD.com really needs a kickstart in the rss department to get moving!

thanks

Herko
Re: rss wish
  • 2006/2/26 10:38

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

fargomovie wrote:
I wish for a comprehensive module that produces rss feeds. I have setup rssfit, but I don't think it has the power to do what should be built in to Xoops. I'm using the older 2.0.13 version so I don't know if rss functionality has been added to the new version.

My new site, ipTVinHD.com really needs a kickstart in the rss department to get moving!

thanks

You're welcome

If you leave us all in the dark as to what you think an RSS module should have the power to do, this situation isn't likely to change anytime soon other then by pure accident

RSS is a Really Simple Syndication protocol, (hey... that spells RSS! ) so expecting it to do much more then just send out content formatted in a specific way, isn't built into the protocol. You should take that into account too.

But, please enlighten us with your ideas on how a module should harnass the full power and potential of RSS feeds

Herko

Login

Who's Online

65 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 65

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits