areaten
Not able to use any XOOPS content editors (fckeditor, koivi, inbetween)
  • 2006/2/23 3:45

• areaten

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/9 1

I having trouble getting the extra content editors (fckeditor, koivi and inbetween)

I have uploaded them to MYXOOPSPATH/class/xoopseditor/

But when I go to add content I cannot access the editors.
I'm trying out many content modules (news, xfsection, cjaycontent..) and am still getting the default editor. I've looked in preferences and not had any luck.

I'm using a module called 'Magazine' which even allows you to choose an editor from a drop down menu before entering content. The installed editors are in the list, but once selected I just get the default text editor.

I can use the demo fine on www.fckeditor.net so my browser java is working fine. Tried in IE6 and firefox to get my different XOOPS editors but nothing.

Does this suggest I have not installed properly? Or is my webhosting not setup correctly or something? The rest of XOOPS works fine on it though.
I'm running XOOPS 2.2.3a
Linux server is Perl 5, PHP 4
Got an email from the hosting saying they were turning 'global registers off' if that affects anything.

Sorry if this is a silly question but I really need to get this working for others to enter content into the site, default editor is too clumsey for novices. Thanks

areaten
Re: Not able to use any XOOPS content editors (fckeditor, koivi, inbetween)
  • 2006/2/24 3:59

• areaten

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/9 1

Anyone with advice?

On another account with the same hosting company I have installed fckeditor into Drupal CMS and it works great. So I guess it is not the server at fault.

The XOOPS installation I'm trying to get FCKeditor on is installed in a subfolder of the root whereas the Drupal site of the other account is installed directly into the root, does this affect it?

hydrO
  • 2006/3/1 3:01

• hydrO

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/8 8

I am having the same problem too. I have tried to use one of the editors in newbb, ,but same problem occured.
Download Dhivehi mp3s
[size=x-small]www.gnatoll.com[/size]

frankblack
  • 2006/3/1 6:04

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

Quote:
I have uploaded them to MYXOOPSPATH/class/xoopseditor/

tinyeditor and inbetween are as well modules that need to be installed too.

Some modules are ready for tinyeditor, but no module (I know of) is ready for inbetween. So you have to make some changes to the code.

I have a simple strategy to get e.g. inbetween working:

a) Looking for the word koivi in the module's code
b) See how this editor is implemented and where
c) Add some code for inbetween (described in the manual)

I always thought that the manual of inbetween is sufficient for getting the editor to work, but I guess noone reads the explanation there?

Quote:
The XOOPS installation I'm trying to get FCKeditor on is installed in a subfolder of the root whereas the Drupal site of the other account is installed directly into the root, does this affect it?

Normally not, but I had a hell of a work to get this working for inbetween, because the image-managers disliked subfolders.

EDIT:
Quote:
I'm using a module called 'Magazine'...

In Magazine you have to select the groups in the module's preferences who is allowed to use the editor. Did you do that?

drekka
  • 2006/3/2 6:47

• drekka

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/27

Having the same issue. I've been trying to get them working in Wiwi (Wiki) as WYSIWYG is a requirement for the project. Unless I can get something happening, we will have to look at something other than xoops. Grr !

Some details: I've installed FCK Editor into a XOOPS 2.2.4 system as per instructions. I.e. into XOOPSBASE/class/xoopseditor/fckEditor. When I access the editor page in wiwi preferences FCK does show up. But if I go into the editor on a wiki page I can use the editor change option. However none of the editors barring the base XOOPS editor will appear. Something does happen as the page goes back to the server, but instead of the selected editor being downloaded, I get the default again. GRrr!

ciao
Derek

drekka
  • 2006/3/2 23:05

• drekka

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/27

I found a fix which I've put as a new topic HERE so others can see it clearly.

Hope this solves your problem as well.

ciao
Derek

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits