Scorpiuscat1
My Sci-Fi Website + Free Flash Games

Here is my site http://www.jonja.net

All things Sci-Fi and Fantasy. News, reveiws and opinion pieces.

We have weekly reviews of new episodes of Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

We also do review of DVD's, some horror and Anime projects.

We try to hold a "live" Sci-Fi quote game in the Chat room that is really a lot of fun at least once a month, but we are working on doing more than once a month.

Plus we have over 220 free flash games in the "Arcade" that keeps track of high scores. So you can compete with other users for high scores. You must be registered in the forums for it to save your high scores (its free) The Aracde is located in the forums.

Plus we are working on getting some exclusive information on a new Sci-Fi TV show under development. You can read about that in the forums as well.

We also have the Chess and Frozen Bubble mods installed on the front page for users to have some fun with.

I would love to hear some feedback from other XOOPS users.

Lourdes
Re: My Sci-Fi Website + Free Flash Games
  • 2006/2/16 21:25

• Lourdes

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/26

Wow.

Your theme is surprisingly bright and definitely "out there". As a Sci-fi and Fantasy fan myself, it's nice to see a website such as yours on the web, I do have some constructive criticism as a regular net surfer though.

The table width/padding for your site is pushing your site's banner over to the right just a tad and you can tell where it ends. You may want to considering altering your banner to compensate or adjusting the CSS so your banner meets the left hand edge.

Second, I primarily use Firefox, but I also viewed the site with IE and saw that your Main Menu makes use of the cell-background/hover in your CSS. The color used is an obnoxiously startling blue and you may want to change the hex code to a dark purple to compliment the royal purple and bright green you are using for your theme.

Along with this, I think your site would appear more clean and uniform if the News matched your color scheme as well instead of using white and grey, (the grey which clashes violently with the orange links and has a tendency to hurt a viewer's eyes).

You may want to adjust the weight of your user's Log In menu and place it at the top of your right column for your user's convenience; if you require them to log-in to access other parts of your site.

I think that you have a good concept that is loaded with content, keep up the great work.

Scorpiuscat1

Thanks for the great feedback, I have never been known for my "fashion" sense when it somes to colors clashing.

But its a work in progress.

Unfortunitly my time is somewhat limted right now, so changes are going to come slowly.

Again thanks, this is the kind of feedback I was looking for.

Did you visit the forums and the Arcade at all?

Lourdes
  • 2006/2/20 5:12

• Lourdes

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/26

Sorry it took so long for me to reply again.

But yes, I did visit the other sections and the forums. I couldn't tell if the forums were an integrated part of your CMS or not; it would be nice to see the forum's theme match the website theme you end up with after your redevelopment :)

Scorpiuscat1

Quote:

Lourdes wrote:
Sorry it took so long for me to reply again.

But yes, I did visit the other sections and the forums. I couldn't tell if the forums were an integrated part of your CMS or not; it would be nice to see the forum's theme match the website theme you end up with after your redevelopment :)

No the forums and XOOPS are seperate and its a long explanation as to why.

I may or may not add a theme to the forums because with the Arcade Mod its very difficult to have add themses.

But I amy work on that in the future.

I just added a bunch more games and have a lot mroe to add, so the Arcade will remain fresh for a long time.

Scorpiuscat1

We now have over 300 free flash games and we got some great interviews with some Sci-Fi celebrities.

Come visit us and check out all the new content.

Login

Who's Online

806 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 806

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits