steph222
Need to Install Pical- But too new to Xoops to even understand it
  • 2006/2/13 14:01

• steph222

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/13

I have finally found the perfect calendar for my website.
Installation is vague and states it is not for the beginner.
I don't understand a thing about it.
I tried renting someone to install it for me, but I guess they don't know how to do it either.
I need step by step instructions on how to install.
So far I have gotten as far as downloading the files.
I then placed them on my website via FTP.
Nothing is working.
I am obviously missing something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steph

bluenova
Re: Need to Install Pical- But too new to Xoops to even understand it

1. Download pical
2. Extract the files
3. It will contain 2 folders 'common' and 'modules', upload these 2 folders to the root (top directory) of your XOOPS installation.
4. Goto your XOOPS site, admin area
5. Goto System Admin ¦ Modules
6. Scroll down the list, and at the bottom you should see pical.
7. Click the install icon in the action list next to pical.

That's it, you can then access the module settings by clicking the pical icon in the admin area, and begin setting it up for your needs.

zyspec
  • 2006/2/13 14:27

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Here's a step by step to get the module installed on 2.0.13.x.

1) Download the piCal module and unzip it to a local directory.
2) Inside the piCal directory you'll find 2 directories - "common" and "modules".
3) Via ftp copy the "common" directory and it's contents to your XOOPS root directory. You should end up with a directory called "common" in the root directory.
4) Next copy the contents of the modules directory into your XOOPS modules directory. The net result will be that you end up with the piCal directory in your /modules directory.
5) Now in your browser login to your site and go to the admin page (http://yoursite/admin.php)
6) Under the Systems Admin section go to "Modules". Scroll down to the bottom table and you should see piCal listed. Click the disk icon on the right hand side of the table to install the module.
7) The module should now be installed - provided you didn't see any errors during the installation. Click the link at the bottom to return to the Admin section. In the Main Admin menu (on the left hand side) you will see a link to piCal. You'll need to go to Preferences to setup the calendar the way you want, you'll also have to setup categories, etc. to start entering events.
8) Don't forget to go to Group (in the Admin window) and setup the permissions for the module so that your users/guests can edit/view the module.

If you have any other problems you may want to try GIJOEs site, he has a somewhat active forum there tha can probably help with any other problems.

**** Sorry *** Apparently BLUENOVA and I responded at virtually the same time....

mboyden
  • 2006/2/13 15:34

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

realize, too, that there is a newer version posted at the owner's website. 0.84b as of latest writing.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits