leebrendalee
ok I gotta understand better this theme stuff

ok...one thing that is driving me nuts is themes. Now once and for all ..I gotta make myself understand. I've picked a theme that is very very basic and simple...see please

http://www.wps2win.com

Now I was able to put up a logo and replaced that. Now I've got these in the directory:'

blocktitle.gif
bottombar.gig
logo.gif
spowered_by.gif

style.css
stylemac.css
stylenn.css

theme.html
theme_blockcenter_c
theme_blockcenter_l
theme_blockcenter_r
theme_blockleft
theme_blockright

Now I've opened notepad and looked at everything. Doesn't make any sense to me...for instance, the theme that I am using has "words" at the top..I can't find those words anywhere so I can change? the other thing is what if I wanted to add words to the top where the logo is beside it..

These are really basic things if you know what your looking for..I've been struggling with this for a few years and I've got learn this...Please is there a basic tuturial. I really need 1-2-3..basic stuff..no what I mean..sorry sometimes my learning style is different..i'm dense..LOL thanks

gestroud
Re: ok I gotta understand better this theme stuff
  • 2006/1/31 6:23

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

The words at the top "Just Use It" are the site's slogan. You can change it by going into your admin section Preferences-->System-->General Settings.

When you get to that page, you'll notice on the second line "Slogan for your site." To the right of that, you'll see "Just Use It." You can change that to whatever you want it to say.

If you want to get rid of it completely, look for this tag in your theme.html <{$xoops_slogan}> and just remove it.

I need a little more description about how you want to place the words you intend to have next to your logo.

leebrendalee

OK cool........thanks for the info. I will change the slogan thing tonight. I've never seen my slogan on any pages even though I've changedd it before...

All I would like it my website name beside the picture..LOL nothing serious...........Not sure how to do this...thankssssssssss

leebrendalee

no need to reply..i found the info..it's interesting..just need the time to learn it now

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits