wtravel
Spread XOOPS project

With the new logo the time has come to launch a campaign that will spread the word of XOOPS. The XOOPS community is one of its most important strengths and now is our chance to show that to the rest of the world.

Alitan posted a topic already back in June to think of ideas on how to spread XOOPS. The most important ideas that have been mentioned regarding the subject since then have been:

- To launch an affiliate program with which users can win interesting prizes .
- Spread XOOPS Kit: A set of files (images, documents) and guidelines on how to use them, so people can make their own XOOPS promotional material. Contains logo files, factsheet, banners, etc.
- Create/Use a promtion CD for XOOPS.
- Prepare a press kit: Have press release(s), factsheets, white papers etc. ready to download/view.
- Banner contest: with the new logo we also need new banners. Why not start a contest of this either?
- Merchandising artwork: we have a cafepress.com shop, but we need some cool artwork.

...if I left out some points here, please fill me in and I will add them

Now we will need to act. Who would like to help on working out any of these points into a concrete plan? Some of these items have already been worked out, but the affiliate program for example has been completely untouched so far.

Also the press kit can use some creative writers to create a fine set of materials that XOOPS can show to the world.

JMorris
Re: Spread XOOPS project
  • 2006/1/1 22:42

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Here's my first contribution to the wallpaper collection. Click on the thumbnail to see the full size image. [1024x768]

Resized Image

Enjoy!

Hope this is the right place to post this. If not, let me know where I can post them.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Mamba
  • 2006/1/2 4:17

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

wtravel wrote:
With the new logo the time has come to launch a campaign that will spread the word of XOOPS. The XOOPS community is one of its most important strengths and now is our chance to show that to the rest of the world.

We'll need contact info for all possible media covering Open Source, CMS, etc., incl. local media in individual countries.

It would be very important to have such a list ASAP, so we could make this campaign as effective as possible.

Can you set a contact form (e.g. by using Liaise) for submitting such information?

I guess, it's a call to the XOOPS community to collect this information and submit it to the Marketing Team.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Herko
  • 2006/1/2 16:11

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Bumpetybump

bb2120
  • 2006/1/2 16:21

• bb2120

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/7/6 1

I'll make some more wallpapers etc. if someone can give me a decent sized XOOPS logo

PSD, FLA, SVG, JPEG or anything - just post it in this thread.

bb2120
  • 2006/1/2 17:04

• bb2120

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/7/6 1

A little something for phones - 128px x 128px

It should also look good on phones with greater resolutions because the bgColor is white.

Don't worry, my contributions will get better than this Resized Image

damaster
  • 2006/1/2 21:41

• damaster

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/11

Maybe XOOPS should get a design or themes.subdomain whatever... a place to creative people.
It seems they are as important as developers...
I like people more than machines or money. But that's me!
Lets do something good and great: Lets do open source!

Will_H
  • 2006/1/2 21:47

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

I am definitely in on this.

in order to offer people a way to contribute to atleast the graphics side of this without having to shell out a $1000 for photoshop here are a couple free apps that you can use to create incredible graphics.

GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages

Paint.NET is image and photo manipulation software designed to be used on computers that run Windows 2000, XP, Vista, or Server 2003. It supports layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools.

Both of these apps are great and free. I hope they help with this project and with your own.

wtravel

Quote:

Damaster wrote:
Maybe XOOPS should get a design or themes.subdomain whatever... a place to creative people.

Sounds like a good idea, a subdomain or a specific folder where the more creative productions take place

Thanks for the tips, Biter

JMorris
  • 2006/1/2 23:49

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:

Damaster wrote:

There is work being done on something very similar to this. I don't have all of the details available at the moment though.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

257 user(s) are online (181 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 257

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits