shalommemphi
Updated to News Ver 1.44 TOP PAGE no longer displays

Not sure why this happens but I updated module NEWS to ver 1.44 and all seemed fine. But when I make visible under BLOCKS TOp Viewed or Recent News and a few other on the TOP PAGE of my site then go to that page my site page stays blank. If I go and make those blocks inviible then the TOP PAGE loads fine. My start page has always been set to NONE

However, if I move it to another page only it appears to work! So only appears to effect it when displayed on the TOP PAGE
Helping each other with Knowledge

jdseymour
Re: Updated to News Ver 1.44 not TOP PAGE not display

Enable PHP debug, view the blank page to get the error.

shalommemphi

I turned on debug and get hundreds of these

------------------------------------------------------
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /hsphere/local/home/halalan/shalommemphis.com/class/database/mysqldatabase.php on line 236

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /hsphere/local/home/halalan/shalommemphis.com/class/database/mysqldatabase.php on line 383

Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /hsphere/local/home/halalan/shalommemphis.com/class/database/mysqldatabase.php on line 236

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /hsphere/local/home/halalan/shalommemphis.com/class/database/mysqldatabase.php on line 383

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /hsphere/local/home/halalan/shalommemphis.com/include/functions.php on line 490

They continue for many many more...any idea on this!

Please note this happens even if the NEWS MODULE is turned off or on so I DON'T think it is the cause of my TOP PAGE problem.

jdseymour

Your right, those notices have nothing to do with the problem.

Did you enable a news block that causes the blank page? You need to set it up to have a blank page to see the actual error message that is causing your problem.

So try enabling one of those problem blocks and then view it with debug enabled.

shalommemphi

I turned on one of the blocks that cause my TOP PAGE to not load and had my php debug on. Most of what it says is that same, but I scrolled down to the end where it stopped and still not loaded the page and it basically shows this.
-----------------------------------------
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 257
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/object.php line 289
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 257
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/object.php line 289
-----------------------------------------------
THis repeats over and over till it stopped, but the page never displayed. If I turn off that news block the page will display. But, it still shows these same lines except the webpage will display..so its confussing none the less. If this matters I am using XOOPS VERSION 2.0.10 I read somewhere the news Ver 1.44 needed atleast 2.0.7 is that possibly causing it???

LionHeart
  • 2005/12/28 3:40

• LionHeart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/14

This module is doing the exact same thing on my system.

My work-around was to set the News module as the Top Page, because Recent News will display on the News module's page.

shalommemphi

Its good to know its not just me with the problem, except in my case I do not want NEWS as the TOP PAGE. I keep the TOP PAGE setting as NONE. I think the blocks work on all other pages except for the TOP PAGE...which unfortunatly its the start page I need to use!

geniesser
Re: Updated to News Ver 1.44 TOP PAGE no longer displays
  • 2006/1/16 12:28

• geniesser

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/7 1

Hello!

i have a similiar Problem. But its different enough to open a new Thread
Have you found any solutions jet?

Greetings from Germany, RAiner

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits