digitalrob
Banner cycle?
  • 2005/12/23 13:48

• digitalrob

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/22

Ok I would like to setup my XOOPS site to where I can make multiple header banners and the site randomly selects one to display.

I would like this to cycle through and select a new one whenever you go to a different areas of the site.

Can someone explain to me if this is possible and if so how to do it?

Thanks.

dickinsd
Re: Banner cycle?
  • 2005/12/23 14:34

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Not sure if I have misunderstood.

If I have understood you correctly then you wish to have banners which change randomly - this feature is buit into XOOPS already.

Goto the admin menu and then go to the general preferences. In there you will see an option to turn on banner ads.

Now as long as your theme has the relevent info then banner adverts will start appearing on your site.

If I have misunderstood, can you please give a little more info.

This is the code to 'call' the banner which is usually already in most standard themes that are available for xoops:

<{$xoops_banner}>

If it's not there already then add it to the theme.html file, go back to general preferences and change the option to update templates to yes save the changes, check your changes have been saved and then go back to general preferences and change the option to update templates back to no

Let me know if you need more info here or if I have completely misunderstood your question.

Dave

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (161 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits