naarjtie
Uninstalling a module (Addresses) - database question
  • 2005/12/17 17:35

• naarjtie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/8

Short question really - i'm using version 1.5 of the Address Module (click here for XOOPS mod listing)and the listed addresses are being shown twice, sometimes even 3 times. Click here to look for yourself.

What i'm thinking I might do about it is uninstall the address module, and then reinstall it. So the question is, if I uninstall the module, will it delete the relevant entries in the database? There's 79 or so addresses on my site that I really don't want to have to put in again..

Thanks.

McDonald
Re: Uninstalling a module (Addresses) - database question
  • 2005/12/17 18:10

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

Before you uninstall the module make a backup of the table(s) generated by the Addresses module.
After reinstalling Addresses you can restore the table(s).

Making a backup and restoring the table(s) can be done with phpMyAdmin or with one of the modules available from the Modules Repository on this website.

Shine
  • 2005/12/17 19:39

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

The specific downloadfile is redirecting to a wrong addresses module version. 1.5 instead of the 1.7.
PLease moderators read the given comments on this downloadfile. A proper link his handed out but nobody seems to bother to update the link to the downloadfile.

If you'd downloaded the 1.7 version there wouldn't be any problems of triple listed addresses.

Quote:
The last version is 1.7.
See at the Dutch XOOPS Support where you can download it.
http://xoops.jan304.org/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=8

Grtz., Shine
See:https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=81&lid=1101

Grtz., Shine

naarjtie
  • 2005/12/19 18:49

• naarjtie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/8

Thanks for your replies.

Quote:

McDonald wrote:

Making a backup and restoring the table(s) can be done with phpMyAdmin or with one of the modules available from the Modules Repository on this website.

I've got phpMyAdmin, but I can't see the option to back up the tables anywhere. Does 'export' have the same effect?

Quote:

Shine wrote:

If you'd downloaded the 1.7 version there wouldn't be any problems of triple listed addresses.

I've just downloaded the 1.7 version. Is it possible to install the 1.7 version and copy over the addresses from the 1.5 version?

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

130 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 130

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits