offside
How to improve xoops sites rating with search engines?
  • 2005/12/17 11:30

• offside

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/7

How to improve XOOPS sites rating with search engines?

I know that this question has been asked before, and I have also done a lot of research about the subject. But I have not yet found a clear , straight to the point guide on how to improve my ranking and make my XOOPS site more search engine friendly.
So could you please please point me in the right direction!

also does the hack by Herve work with the latest version of XOOPS (I am talking about This hack

My website is at : www.techexams.co.uk

jdseymour
Re: How to improve xoops sites rating with search engines?

There is no substitute for quality content, attention to your site description and keywords, and time. Of course it helps if related sites link back to you.

See this Meta Tag Analyzer to analyze your site and give you some suggestions of what to work on. Do not make your site just to match keywords however, just use them in your normal content.

gestroud
  • 2005/12/17 14:44

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

That looks like a useful site, but seems to be kind of quirky.

All of my sites have been optimized equally using the SEO tips & techniques found on XOOPS. For some reason, the Meta Tag Analyzer says that some of my sites have meta titles, keywords and descriptions, while others have none at all. I know for a fact that they all have them.

Any suggestions?

JMorris
  • 2005/12/17 15:03

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

@gestroud,

If you have Protector installed or banners enabled, you will get mixed results like that from tools that spider your site. Try temporarily disabling Protector and banner ads, then reanalyze your site.

@offside,

You may want to look at the Dreaded PR0... thread and you may want to look athttp://mywebresource.com

I had a similar problem and the suggestions in that thread and the suggestions in the articles published on my site were major contributors to how I took MyWebResource from a PR 0 to a PR 5 in 90 days. You are welcome to study the code of my site as well as there are some minor changes I've made with the META tags to optimize them.

Why 90 Days? Google only updates its PR ranks Quarterly. So regardless of what you do, you won't see your PR increase until Google updates its PR index again. HOWEVER, in the meantime you can make a dramatic improvement in your Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs), which is way more important that PR, IMHO.

Hope this helps.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

gestroud
  • 2005/12/17 15:20

• gestroud

• Home away from home

I can't think of one thing that you've suggested that hasn't helped.

Thanks, James.

gestroud

studioC
  • 2005/12/17 16:55

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

i wouldn't care toooo much on googles "page ranking". and btw. google is not the only searchengine ...

look at the articles james mentioned and post content on your site. Mark your keywors and again, care for content. CONTENT is the key to let user visit your site. When the user loves your content, he will tell others about your site. THAT is the key to get backlinks which is the key to PR.

Check your backlinks and look at them. Ask webmasters with same topic to link to your site, so will you.

A good PR does not mean that you are listed on top of SERPS automaticly. This is a most common misunderstanding.

gestroud
  • 2005/12/17 19:32

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Actually, the sites do have an abundance of content - an average of 40-50 articles each. One of them has hundreds of articles; I'm a very busy XOOPSer and an information junkie.

Login

Who's Online

93 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 93

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits