skippern
Banners
  • 2005/12/5 22:32

• skippern

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/5

Hi

I´m trying to change the banner function. I want it to link to an internal page where the companys can have an information page. From this page I want to link the vistors directly to the companys homepages, not direct like it´s today. Where do I do this? I have looked ad the banner.php in the root and in the system/admin/banners without manage to solve my problem. Please, please help me with this.

gestroud
Re: Banners
  • 2005/12/5 22:52

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Interesting idea.

Go into your admin section, click on Misc. Tool-->Banners. You can control where your banners link to from there.

skippern
  • 2005/12/5 22:57

• skippern

• Just popping in

Sorry for not describing my problem right. I can control where they link to in the adminarea, but they always open in an new window (_blank). I want to link them internal in the same window. Where do I get rid of _blank?

gestroud
  • 2005/12/5 23:14

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

What!?!?!? Your banners open in NEW windows!?!?!? I had to start using scripts because mine kept opening in the same window. Wanna trade sites?

skippern
  • 2005/12/5 23:44

• skippern

• Just popping in

Sorry again... when I click on a banner, the link from the banner open in a new window. I want the link to open an internal page in the same window. Sorry for my bad english...

krauh
  • 2005/12/6 0:35

• krauh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/25

Maybe you could use a module like the Content module or create an outside page with an editor.

So create your page then edit the banner urls to goto those pages instead of the linked websites.

but edit the links so they open in the same window

Thats what I'd try anyways

Arowana
  • 2005/12/6 0:48

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

so to explain it a little better you want the user to click on the browser and open in the same browser with out it opening or popping up and new session of a browser to open in

I dont know for sure but I think you are looking for something that says target="_blank"

hope this helps
Arowana

Red_Bee
  • 2005/12/6 1:00

• Red_Bee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/12

Looks like you wanted to open it in the same window... You can do it with short HTML code like below, target must be equal to _self. Make sure that you put a check mark on HTML under banner admin when adding this banner.

<a href="http://www.yoursite.com/targetpage.php" TARGET="_self">
<
img border="0" alt="The Alt text title here" 
title="The title of target page" 
src="http://www.yoursite.com/url_to_your.gif"/></a>

Hope this help.

Quote:
Sorry for my bad english...

BTW, Skippern do not worry about your English we are happy to help all Xoopser. Enjoy!

skippern
  • 2005/12/6 6:26

• skippern

• Just popping in

I really want to use the banner function, because I want the banner but change the link to an internal page. The meaning and purpose with this is to point the "possible customers" to a page where they can read "more" (for an exemple about two new products and a new service the Company INC offers). When the customer have read "more" a link to an external site sends them to the companys own homepage.

Therefore I need to change the external link, but I don´t know where I do this?

I know it´s an "_blank" I must get rid of and I have found one in myxoopssite/modules/system/admin/banners/banner.php - the problem is that it doesn´t work. The external linking is still there...

Maybe this can help me? The tag <{$xoops_banner}> is it Smarty or what? Maybe answering this can give me a clue to where I should start searching?

skippern
  • 2005/12/6 11:32

• skippern

• Just popping in

Please... I really need to solve this. Anyone know the answer, where do I start searching?

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits