faheja
Help removing the register button
  • 2005/12/4 1:24

• faheja

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/16

Hey,

Let me explain what i want to do first. On my website, theres the login, and password box right? XOOPS usually comes stock with having the register, and forgot password link under that right?
I just want to take out that link to the register! page, so i can put my link somewhere else. I just cant figure out which file that register link is located in so i can just remove it. the point to this is i want to people to read the news topics first that tell them to go to the bottom and then they can go to the register page.

Any ideas?

thanks
- Jonathan

dickinsd
Re: Help removing the register button
  • 2005/12/4 2:29

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Check your templates.

Remember you can only make changes to a cloned template set, the default one does not offer an Edit option.

Go to Templates, in your cloned templates look for system, click list and then look for system_block_login.html click edit

You will see something like this:

Quote:
<form style="margin-top: 0px;" action="<{$xoops_url}>/user.php" method="post">
<{$block.lang_username}><br />
<input type="text" name="uname" size="12" value="<{$block.unamevalue}>" maxlength="25" /><br />
<{$block.lang_password}><br />
<input type="password" name="pass" size="12" maxlength="32" /><br />
<!-- <input type="checkbox" name="rememberme" value="On" class ="formButton" /><{$block.lang_rememberme}><br /> //-->
<input type="hidden" name="xoops_redirect" value="<{$xoops_requesturi}>" />
<input type="hidden" name="op" value="login" />
<input class="formbutton" type="submit" value="<{$block.lang_login}>" /><br />
<{$block.sslloginlink}>
</form>
<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/user.php#lost"><{$block.lang_lostpass}></a>
<br /><br />
<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/register.php"><{$block.lang_registernow}></a>

Your links are:

<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/user.php#lost"><{$block.lang_lostpass}></a>
<br /><br />
<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/register.php"><{$block.lang_registernow}></a>

Remove/edit these links to achieve your desired results.

Dave

faheja
  • 2005/12/4 2:49

• faheja

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/16

after i edit it, how do i apply this template? i just dont want to screw up, and want to make sure im doing it right. ha

i edited the file correctly though.

thx
Jon

dickinsd
  • 2005/12/4 12:19

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

I think when you change a template, you just click submit or save or something like that.

That saves your changes and on my sites, the changes are usually instant as long as you don't have cache on the block or module that your altering.

However I think the correct way of updating a template is to make the changes, click on save or submit and then go to the modules admin page and click the icon to update the system 'module'.

I aren't too sure on that, but from what other people have said to me in the past, this is how I understand they do it, something about clicking update makes sure that all the template changes are uploaded to the db.

But might be wrong there, perhaps someone else can give more info.

However as you said it works, I guess theres not much to worry about anyway.

Dave

elevator
  • 2005/12/4 15:45

• elevator

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/24

I don't know if you're using 2.2.x and if it is different there, but when I change templates in my 2.0.13.2 installation I go into the System Admin, click on Preferences and General Settings. There I change the value to yes on the item marked "Update module template .html files from your themes/your theme/templates directory?". The changes then take effect immediately. After I verify that the changes are correct, I revert the same option back to "no".

Elev.

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits