news module, mainpage and immage
  • 2005/11/30 14:39

• FMule

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/22

Hi my dear,

I use the XOOPS news module 1.4, with XOOPS 2.2.3

I have two question for these community:

1)I'want know if there is a special block to the main page to assign an immage to a specific article.

The idea is to have a mainpage like a magazine with a sommary of the week

2)I have section and subsection. If i see the mainsection how is possibile to see the artiche of all specific subsection.

tks.

F.Mule

defwind77
Re: news module, mainpage and immage
  • 2005/12/2 16:11

• defwind77

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/11

1) no, everybody appears to ask this question as most CMS' have a similar function, however I've only got silence from such questions. They do it on the Xoops.org mainpage, they do it on other CMS apps, but it's not a standard function within XOOPS for some reason... ;(

It would be nice though - I've been playing with Joomla which does this very easily, so I hope some XOOPS developers will take a cue from Joomla's lead...

Duke_Henry
Re: news module, mainpage and immage
  • 2005/12/3 16:04

• Duke_Henry

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/30

Quote:

FMule wrote:
2)I have section and subsection. If i see the mainsection how is possibile to see the artiche of all specific subsection.

I submitted this as a feature request a while back, and I thought I might be able to make the needed changes myself to the module.

Unfortunately I haven't had the time nor the know-how to get the job done.

Having this feature is important to me, because it can cut down on cosmetic clutter, as well as add functionality!

I like to have main news categories (like say, new in stock) and then have subcategories for areas of product (for example). If people could click on new in stock and then get a "by topic" list of all of the new in stock news, well - that would be impressive.

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits