mschot
MyLatinSoulmate - A new latin dating site
  • 2005/11/28 9:17

• mschot

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/20

Hi all,

I would like to know your opinions regarding my new site: www.mylatinsoulmate.com. I have been building and working on this site for a few months now and currently touching up the last glitches before we go live :)

cheers,

Marc

bluenova
Re: MyLatinSoulmate - A new latin dating site

Really nice, quick clean site Very pleasing to the eye and a very nice profiles module. You're using your own profiles module right? Have you submitted it to the module repository?

mschot
  • 2005/11/28 12:18

• mschot

• Just popping in

Hi Bluenova,

Thanks! Basically I use the standard profile module, but I have editted it a bit (mostly templates and the search module)...

cheers,

Marc

patagon
  • 2005/11/28 13:20

• patagon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/1/8 0

Thats an amazing looking site, congratulations! what is the myfavorites.php? is it a XOOPS module or something you created?

mschot
  • 2005/11/28 15:11

• mschot

• Just popping in

Hi Patagon,

The myfavorites.php is a quick creation where people can add eachother to a favorites list (who are my favorites / who admires me). A hack to the who is online block shows which of your favorites are currently online. It's for my site a key element to create some momentum where people keep logging on to add the people who added them (they receive an email telling them user blabla is interested in your profile etc...)

If there is general interest in this functionality I'd be happy to invest some effords and turn it into a decent module (once I am ready with my site that is...it's taking more time then I anticipated lol).

patagon
  • 2005/11/28 15:55

• patagon

• Quite a regular

I would really appreciate a module like that. I'm building a site that is not exactly a personals site, but I think it would benefit from this, kind of like a 'bookmark a friend' or my list off buddies. BTW I really wanted to test your site, so I created a profile (cacarulo) that you can delete (I already have a latinsoulmate that may not believe my interest is just seeing how the site works

Anyway, your site is REALLY good and I love to see XOOPS inplemented in different ways (compared to the typical XOOPS site, which for sure its not)

mschot
  • 2005/11/28 17:50

• mschot

• Just popping in

Hi Patagon,

I have removed your profile, wouldn't want to be the cause of any domestic arguments ;)

It might be a few weeks before I have the time to construct the module.. bear with me :) (or in case you can't wait, send me a mail at mschot@mylatinsoulmate.com and I'll mail you the files so you can contstruct the module)

Marc

patagon
  • 2005/11/28 19:18

• patagon

• Quite a regular

thanks mschot ! I am still building my site, so no problem at all waiting

thanks

arbaronx
  • 2006/1/4 22:06

• arbaronx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/8

Hiya, Love the site, so slick and clean
but, where is the profiles module you mention? I did a search and was served up nothing.

cheers

mschot
  • 2006/1/5 0:20

• mschot

• Just popping in

Hi Arbaronx,

Thanks! The module mentioned is available to registered users only...
A quick signup (it's free after all) would give you access to play around.

Cheers, Marc

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits