patagon
CBB questions
  • 2005/11/25 4:02

• patagon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/1/8 0

Hi,

I am still deciding wich forum package to use and CBB looks like a nice option (newbbex being the other option, after classic newbb had some issues).

Is CBB missing a "hot topics" block? (topics with many replies)

Anyone succeded in transfering some of the features of "transfer'" to the forum pages? that is, I want to be able to send a topic by mail by clicking on the topic page (not "transfer" and then "send to mail"). is this even possible? I couldnt find it on preferences....

thanks

gestroud
Re: CBB questions
  • 2005/11/25 6:28

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Is CBB missing a "hot topics" block? (topics with many replies)

CBB uses a "Most Active Topics" block. I think that's what you're looking for.

I want to be able to send a topic by mail by clicking on the topic page

I could be wrong, but I don't think that CBB has any e-mail notification options for unregistered viewers right now. It would actually be a nice feature for the next version.

patagon
  • 2005/11/25 14:31

• patagon

• Quite a regular

Thanks gestroud, but..

where do you see the "most active topics" block? in module=>block admin I only see "authors, recent posts, recent replied topics and recent topics"....

I think I explianed the second one wrong: I want it for registered users, right now I can click "transfer" on each post and access "send by mail, send pm, etc". what I mean is that if there is a way of getting rid of the transfer (and extra popup page) and just display "send by mail" where transfer is now...

thanks

patagon
  • 2005/11/26 1:48

• patagon

• Quite a regular

up...anyone knows? or any other opinion on forum choices could help too...I like CBB but w/o this it wont work for me...newbbex on the other hand seems nice, but I think CBB is more likely to continue development.

phppp
  • 2005/11/26 1:55

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

from block admin page, add a "topic" block
in the "topic" block there is an option called "Display criteria" allowing you to set the criteria for displaying topics based on view times(clicks), replies, or others.

patagon
  • 2005/11/26 3:46

• patagon

• Quite a regular

Thanks, that worked anyone knows about the second item? I figured I could add the link to the post template, something like transfer.php?send_pm (or whatever the transfer page displays in the url, i am not a programmer, but I've seen that) but that doesnt seem to work...

patagon
  • 2005/11/26 5:01

• patagon

• Quite a regular

seems I spoke too soon when adding the two blocks (recent topics, most replied topics) in the explained way it seems the two blocks use the same template (newbb_block_topic.html). I would need to have one template for each, to display some different text in each block. I also noticed that both have the same title (I change the name and that works in the block description, but the name field I cant seem to change)

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits