tempo
copy & move users on upgrade
  • 2005/11/23 23:08

• tempo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/12

Hallo,

i'm using XOOPS 2.0.7.3 on my site (http://www.24net.gr )

i want to make a new fresh install with XOOPS 2.2.3 (using a new one mySQL dbase) and my question is: how can i copy and move all my user's data from the old site to the new one?

thanks for the support

jdseymour
Re: copy & move users on upgrade

See my reply in This Post.

tempo
  • 2005/11/24 8:45

• tempo

• Just popping in

thanks for the answer,
but i want to know if there is a way to move my site's users without the series of updates (i need 4 or 5 updates)

jdseymour

Quote:

tempo wrote:
thanks for the answer,
but i want to know if there is a way to move my site's users without the series of updates (i need 4 or 5 updates)

Well the problem for direct import is that the database has changed from 2.0x to 2.2x. The best method to include your users (with no extensive SQL editing) would be to create a fresh 2.0.13.2 site, import the users normally, then upgrade to 2.2.3.

HTH.

tempo
  • 2005/11/24 23:00

• tempo

• Just popping in

i'm using SQL syntax editing, i'm transfering all the data on the correct field but the problem is: the data don't regognised by XOOPS. i mean that the DBase (the table xoops_users) is full of data (like uname, pass, e-mail) but there is only one user on XOOPS user lists.

Please help me....is there anybody who make this transfer with no problems or bugs?

tempo
  • 2005/11/26 18:19

• tempo

• Just popping in

i try to move & copy all my user's data from my XOOPS site to the new test-installation of JOOMLA.

Everything OK!!!!!!!

i try to move & copy all my user's data from my XOOPS site to the new test-installation of XOOPS.

Impossible !!!!!!!

i think that there is a way to move the data from XOOPS -> XOOPS (newer version).

It is very bad from the administrators to change CMS because they don't want to loose all the users.

Please check this!

m0nty
  • 2005/11/26 18:25

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

well most people just do the update paths..

but if you want to do it via MySQL you would have to remove the user profiles fields out of the users table and then into the extended profile tables of the new 2.2.3 and then you would have to sync the uid's etc and group user links tables..

it would be far quicker and easier for you to just update to 2.0.13.2 and then go from 2.2.3

there's no db changes till you change from 2.0.13.2 to 2.2 so in essence all you have to do is download all the patches and then add them consecutively over the top so then you have 1 folder that has all the patches files combined and just upload that to the server and then goto admin and update the system module.. then you should be able to just upgrade to 2.2.3

you aren't making things easy for yourself by doing it via mysql..

Shine
  • 2005/11/26 22:31

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Quote:
there's no db changes till you change from 2.0.13.2 to 2.2 (..)

If there aren't any DB changes between 2.0.73 up to 2.0.13.2 then you also can download the full 2.0.13.2 xoopsversion. Threw that one over the top and upgrade from out the admin section. (don't forget to this also with all the installes modules)
This should work also.

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits