Tobias
Local Installation and Zonealarm Pro
  • 2005/11/19 6:21

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/13

Now for today's question: Has anyone ever figured out how to configure Zonealarm Pro to be able to stay logged into a XOOPS installation on localhost? We supposedly use the local installation to test the stuff we're not so sure about, and it would be nice to not always have to bring the firewall down while doing that.

Edit: I think I found a solution myself. Replacing 127.0.0.1 for localhost in the XOOPS URL (in mainfile.php), and then defining an entry in ZoneAlarm privacy settings allowing cookies and headers from 127.0.0.1 seems to be doing the job. ZoneAlarm privacy settings wouldn't accept an entry for "localhost", which comes with the XOOPS URL if not changed in the XOOPS settings.
www.affvu.org

rowdie
Re: Local Installation and Zonealarm Pro
  • 2005/11/19 7:41

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Check the first comment in this faq.

Rowd

(after your edit) It would be appreciated if you could add your findings to the faq comments

Tobias
  • 2005/11/19 9:00

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

Hehehe, that was a little premature it seems. That trick made perfect sense to me, unfortunately that darn ZoneAlarm is still blocking cookies. Which is probably because they come from Apache and the PHP engine, so there might be something to be set in their configuration files.

In any case, once the cookie is set, my tweak lets me bring up the firewall again and navigate my local XOOPS site ... until the cookie expires, that is. Perhaps, someone can take it from here if there's interest...
www.affvu.org

Tobias
  • 2005/11/19 18:20

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

But, with a computer connected on a stable IP (for instance through a router; such an IP would typically start with 192...), it seems to work if the computer's IP is entered as the XOOPS URL and then exempted from cookie control in Zonealarm Privacy. Instead of "localhost", again. It's a little wacky, though, with the router having to reflect back your requests to your own machine. Also means you can't view your site if you're not connected to the router. But I've browsed the forums at ZoneLabs, and that seems to be the only solution people have come up with.

Don't think this is a prime time solution worthy of going into FAQs?
www.affvu.org

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits