terrence
Database Backup
  • 2005/11/15 14:59

• terrence

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/21

hello,
can anyone tell me how can i backup the database if i plan to remove my XOOPS and reinstall again..

I have try to use XOOPS DB backup & restore 3.0 and when i try restore the backup, it give the following error:
Processing file: bkp0511150954_xoops_xoopspoll_option.gz

Starting at the line: 1

Error at the line 20: );

Query: CREATE TABLE xoops_avatar ( avatar_id mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, avatar_file varchar(30) NOT NULL, avatar_name varchar(100) NOT NULL, avatar_mimetype varchar(30) NOT NULL, avatar_created int(10) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, avatar_display tinyint(1) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, avatar_weight smallint(5) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, avatar_type char(1) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (avatar_id), KEY avatar_type (avatar_type, avatar_display) );

MySQL: Table 'xoops_avatar' already exists

Stopped on error

how can i fix that?or any other modules able help?

dickinsd
Re: Database Backup
  • 2005/11/15 15:46

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Your host may have installed phpmyadmin for you, check with the host, alternativly look here

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/

Download it,
unzip or untar it
edit the config.inc.php file to suite your database
upload all files to a myphpadmin directory on your site
go to yoursite/myphpadmin/index.php

And you will be able to backup the entire database or individual tables.

There is for some reason a limit of 2Mb on uploads though so if you have a very large database you may want to consider splitting it up into sections and using the gzip compression available within myphpadmin.

Definately check ou the homepage for more info on this great tool

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/

Dave

MadFish
Re: Database Backup
  • 2005/11/15 16:03

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Please see the FAQ on how to back up and restore your site.

The reason for this error is that MySQL won't over write an existing table unless you tell it to (the tables for your database still exist on the server). When you back up your site with myPHPAdmin you will see an option 'add drop table' command, which will create a backup that will delete existing tables if they already exist when you upload.

You could try changing the table prefix in your backup file so that it will upload and then switch xoopos to the new table set (you could also just delete the existing tables in your database and then upload, but dont do that unless you are *really* confident that you have a good backup - best try it on a local install first).

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits