mlb160
Adding banners
  • 2005/11/8 20:51

• mlb160

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/5

OK, I am new to this and I've tried searching the forums and FAQs for this answer and I can't find what I need. I am trying to add a banner to my site using the Banners option in my system admin menu. Right now, it has the XOOPS banner across the top. Can someone tell me (1) how to take off the XOOPS banner and (2) how to put up my own? I have one created, I just can't figure out how to get it on the site! Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

gestroud
Re: Adding banners
  • 2005/11/8 20:58

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

1. To delete all of the XOOPS banners at one time, simply delete XOOPS as a client in your banner admin section.

2. To add banners, first you have to add a new client. For example, say you want to add an Amazon.com banner. You would first add Amazon.com as a client in the appropriate section. It should be the box on the bottom of the screen. Fill in whatever details that you want. The only required entry is the client name.

Once you've done that, you're ready to add banners for that client's account.

You can add banners as either links to a .jpg, .gif, or whatever format it is. You can also supply a banner using HTML or javascripts. I use the HTML function for banners from Commission Junction, Google and Amazon.com

mlb160
  • 2005/11/8 21:03

• mlb160

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/5

Thanks! I don't see XOOPS as a client in my banner admin section. Any ideas why? Also, does the jpg file have to be hosted on my server? I'm sorry, I'm an accountant!

gestroud
  • 2005/11/8 21:14

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

No need to be sorry. I didn't know any of this about a year ago.

No, no idea why XOOPs isn't listed as a client, but you can go ahead and delete any banners that you don't want which are already there. You just have to do it one by one.

Banners don't have to be hosted on your server. But there is one thing I noticed with this: the banners weren't opening in a new window when I used it that way - not too sure if that is the way it's supposed to work or not.

You can always create an HTML entry for the banner to open in a new window. Just ask if you need a hand.

Looking forward to seeing the site.

brash
  • 2005/11/8 21:49

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Once you get a bit more familiar with XOOPS and being a webmaster mlb160, you may also find this article I wrote to be of interest to you;

Implementing PhpAdsNew into your XOOPS site

PhpAdsNew is the best open source PHP based ads management server there is, and if you wish to start using advertising in any kind of serious way is definitely worth a look.
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

McDonald
  • 2005/11/8 22:37

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

PhpAdsNew 13.08 comes as a XOOPS module also:https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=92&lid=1208

bubble
  • 2005/11/10 9:27

• bubble

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/12

I have got the XOOPS banners in the active banners list but they are not appearing in the header. I checked the theme.html and it contains the line

[td width="100%" align="center"][div style="text-align: center; padding-top: 5px;"][{$xoops_banner}][/div][/td]

which, I presume, should display a banner. How does XOOPS chose which banner to display and how do you turn the banners on?

sawk00
  • 2006/2/2 13:35

• sawk00

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/2 1

I am also getting the problem that the banners won't show,
when I look in currently active banners it says 29 impressions, which i presume means it has shown 29 times

But it doesn't show on any page

any ideas??

sawk00
  • 2006/2/4 6:04

• sawk00

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/2 1

Hi,

The problem is theme related I using the imago06 theme, if i set the site back to default theme the banners work. I have the following code in the theme.html
</head>
<
body>
<
table class="head_table" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
  <
tr
    <
td class="head_logo"><a href="<{$xoops_url}>/">
    <
img name="logo" src="theme/imago06/%3C{$xoops_imageurl}%3Eimages/logo.gif" width="222" height="79" border="0" alt="IMAGO:THEMES"></a></td>
    <
td id="headerbanner"><{$xoops_banner}></td>
    <
td><div align="right">
      <
img name="head_r1_c5" src="theme/imago06/%3C{$xoops_imageurl}%3Eimages/head_left.gif" width="364" height="79" border="0" alt=""></div></td>
  </
tr>
  <
tr>

I have added the line <
td id="headerbanner"><{$xoops_banner}></td>

as it was missing but still no joy.

help please

KateKoala
  • 2006/2/12 5:59

• KateKoala

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/27

Oh - AGH!!

I was just having this very same problem. I had the banner code - <{$xoops_banner}> - inserted correctly in my theme, I had uploaded my banner and set it up as a banner and done all the right things and still - NOTHING!

After about ten minutes of hysterics I had one of those light-bulb-over-the-head moments and hopefully it will help in this thread as well.

Go to your preferences, and under General Settings, make sure "Activate Banner Ads" is switched on.

Login

Who's Online

257 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 257

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits