Xetox
NewBB
  • 2005/11/1 18:43

• Xetox

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/28

If I switch to NebBB forums, is there a way to export my old post and import my new ones?

Bender
Re: NewBB
  • 2005/11/1 19:02

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Please give some more details what you want to do and which versions you are using now of Xoops, forum ...

- you are using now the original newbb 1.x that comes with XOOPS 2.0.x by default?

- you want to upgrade to newbb2?

If thats the case:

- yes you can keep the old postings
- you should consider going from newbb1 to cbb since it´s the follower of newbb2. (there will be no further development of newbb)
Also make sure you grab the right cbb version since there is one for XOOPS 2.0.x and one for XOOPS 2.2.x tree.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Xetox
  • 2005/11/1 19:39

• Xetox

• Just popping in

I am liking the newbb...is CBB even better? Will my old post still be there if I move to CBB?

Let me appologize, I am in to xoops, so I am learing what everything is and called, what versions need to be updated and how to even figure out if they need a update.

Xetox
  • 2005/11/1 19:42

• Xetox

• Just popping in

Having some issues with it right now, let me try CBB.

Bender
  • 2005/11/1 19:53

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

If you are not sure what to do keep asking first before updating anything. (ok this seems to come to late)

- which XOOPS package did you download and install?
(or see bottomline in your admin section)

which newbb file did you use now. How did you try to install it?
(since from your last posting it sounds like you just did update it)

At the moment i dont get anything at all under the adress in your profile. Is that the site you are talking about?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

ratite
  • 2005/11/2 6:55

• ratite

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/30

Hi very new to this. Sorry but I do not get it. What do I change?

(XOOPS_URL,"/") and so on?

G$imageuri=preg_replace("/^".preg_quote(XOOPS_URL,"/")."/",XOOPS_ROOT_PATH,$image);
if(!preg_match("/^".preg_quote(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH,"/")."/",$imageuri)){
$imageuri = XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/".$image;

You see what I mean? Is this all meant for geeks and just geeks? Is this how far free software has come! I mean my God free open source software, is now open for extreme geeks only? What the f**k happened to usablity to all? I feel like giving you a pat on the back, but why? Rag me all you want but this "program" fails on all acounts.

easy to add catacories = No
Easy site layout = No

Just what is it you guy's are shooting for?

ratite
  • 2005/11/2 7:06

• ratite

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/30

You guy's are programing for your selves, and the public do not come into it. My God if only you started thinking like a real world person (catagories) and not a programer. This thing would take off.

Jharis
  • 2005/11/2 7:29

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

ratite,

Bender was in the process of helping you. Being rude will likely get you little if any help. So let's start over. Explain what steps you took and what problems you are having. Bender ask you a couple of questions that will help get you answers.

don (el paso)
motto - green chili for everything!

Xetox
  • 2005/11/2 13:37

• Xetox

• Just popping in

That was not me saying those things, I work on this during the day from my job, I take the nights off to spend with my kid :) I am back at it today. I am going to try to install it again and see what happens I will let you know.

Quote:

Jharis wrote:
ratite,

Bender was in the process of helping you. Being rude will likely get you little if any help. So let's start over. Explain what steps you took and what problems you are having. Bender ask you a couple of questions that will help get you answers.

don (el paso)

Xetox
  • 2005/11/2 14:30

• Xetox

• Just popping in

Ok here is the issue, check outhttp://gasperinofamily.com/modules/newbb/ log in with test/test.

I installed NewBB 2.0 and that is waht I get.

Thanks again for the help.

Login

Who's Online

112 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 112

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits