Poslanik
Adding points to users
  • 2005/10/30 10:11

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

Hello there,

I'm in need of a module that would make it possible for me to add points to users I want and then they'll be able to see it in their account info. Why do I need this? Well I need it for my site in which I plan to give points to users who write stories, post a lot, come to events, etc.

How should it work?

In the administration section I should be able to open the module control panel. There should be a listing of all members of my site, and I should be able to add points to them via some form.

When I add points users should be able to see them in their account info.

I'm not a php expert but I take it the control panel should not be hard to code, but making the users see their points in their acc info will be a bit more complicated. But in any case it does sound easy enough from what I can tell.

I can't offer some big rewards for this, but what I can do is link your site on my site with a 88x31 image or bigger once the site goes online. I have big plans for it and it will be highly visited, but I don't know the exact date when it goes public.

I hope someone helps me.

DCrussader
Re: Adding points to users

There is allready such module, called userpoints, works with XOOPS up to 2.0.13, not confirmed compatibility with 2.0.13.2 and 2.2.3a
May The Source Be With You!

Poslanik
  • 2005/11/15 8:42

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

No there isn't. That module gives you points for posting etc, I need to be able to add points to users via some interface, not automatically for every post they make.

fo-fo
  • 2005/11/16 19:39

• fo-fo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/13

you can do it in .php coding. look up 'mysql' and you'll find a lot of snippets you can use.

1. you'll need to set up a database row 'userpoints' manually (e.g. in phpAdmin) or by php code

2. then list your users

Quote:

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM ".$xoopsDB->prefix("users")." ");
$num=mysql_numrows($result);
$i=0;
while ($i < $num) {
$user = mysql_result($result, $i, "user");
echo "<tr><td>";
echo "<a href=\"addpoints.php\">$user";
echo "</td>";
$i++;
}

3. add points on 'addpoints.php' (this adds 100 points to MikeJones)

Quote:

$addpoint = 100;
mysql_query("UPDATE ".$xoopsDB->prefix("userpoints")." SET points='$addpoint' WHERE username='MikeJones'");

there are many ways to do it, you know how you need them
these examples might contain syntax errors and are only approximately correct

Poslanik
  • 2005/11/18 7:25

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

Can I print the points this way too? Because I need them to show in the "view account" section.

Also, if I write another line like you did which adds 100 pts to MikeJones, will MikeJones have 200 points then? What I mean is, do points sum up?

fo-fo
  • 2005/11/27 15:55

• fo-fo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/13

you probably know by now...

echo "$points";
will print the value of $points on a .php page.
if you want it to show in the member account section, that'd need some hacking I guess.

adding plus points>
1. first you query the row 'points' associated with MikeJones
2. +100 to $result
3. update row

Quote:

$points = mysql_query("SELECT points FROM ".$xoopsDB->prefix("userpoints")." WHERE username="MikeJones");
$result = mysql_fetch_array( $points );

$pointsnew = $result + 100 ;

mysql_query("UPDATE ".$xoopsDB->prefix("userpoints")." SET points='$pointsnew' WHERE username='MikeJones'");

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits