inlikeflin
Dead Admin area Xoops 2.2
  • 2005/10/29 1:18

• inlikeflin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/1 6

Hi guys ..
One of my XOOPS 2.2 websites Admin areas seems to be dead .
The website its self is working fine , but the admin is just about completely dead ..

I can login to it no probs and the full Admin menu loads with no obvious problem,
... but when I hit on just about any of the links on the top control bar it takes me to a normal looking admin page that only has 2 or 3 links to" Preferences" and " Actions" at the top, and all of these links are dead and go know where.

If I hit on modules admin then click on system , it loads that page fine , but when I click on any of the system links, the same dead page loads ?

I did have an internet speed problem myself the other day while working on this website through FTP , and I think a file may have not reloaded or edited correctly or become corrupt due to this ..

any clues as to which files I would have to check or replace to bring life back to my Admin , would be much appreciated..

Steve
Australia

Will_H
Re: Dead Admin area Xoops 2.2
  • 2005/10/29 5:36

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

wow, does anyone else have administrative access to your domain? If so perhaps they edited your group rights???? other theen that, this is obviously a huge disapointing thing to suggest; but back up your tables and reinstall. On second thought if you cannot resolve the issue you should wait for the update and see if it fixes the problem automatically. not very much help I know, but atleast you know we are reding your post :(

inlikeflin
  • 2005/10/29 6:19

• inlikeflin

• Just popping in

Thanks Biteronboard..

The website owner has access , but I dont think she would have played with those settings ..

The problem is that the link to user groups is one of the ones that does not wqork , so checking that is a bit of a problem too...

I have definatelt thought about rebuilding this particular website and reverting to the earllier XOOPS .. that I used to use for all my client member stly websites .

I found the earllier versions fantastically stable and so far I have only used 2.2 on one new client site ( thank god ) ...
Un fortunately this website is quite big , so re setting it up wont be a 5 min job

thanks anyway mate for your reply ..
any other suggestions you have are still welcome

DCrussader

XOOPS 2.2.x administration part dies, when u enable GZIP compression, if u keep it off the site will live a little bit more
May The Source Be With You!

Mithrandir

Depends on the definition of "dies"

People have experienced blank pages, when enabling GZIP compression, but this is hardly the case here.

I'm afraid that it would take a closer look at the case to see what is wrong here. It may be that the group permissions have been messed up or similar.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

inlikeflin
  • 2005/10/29 14:26

• inlikeflin

• Just popping in

Thanks all ......
problem fixed ..

I took a chance and re uploaded alot of the Admin files that I had been editing a few days ago , and it seems to have bought it back to life without further problems ...

thank goodness

thanks again to all.........

inlikeflin
  • 2005/11/6 21:27

• inlikeflin

• Just popping in

Hi again guys

Unbelievabley this dead admin problem is back on the same site .
This is the only XOOPS site that I have out of quite a few that is doing this, and it is driving me a tad nutty

I made sure that gzip was not armed and still only have a few seemingly dead links at the top of the admin pages .

I have not been editing anything on the website since the last time it played up, so it cant be that I have broken it.

Strangley enough , some of the module admin pages like the FAQ.s work fine ...

any clues from anyone again would be much appreciated

Steve
from Australia

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits