Herko
FOSDEM 2006 and XOOPS
  • 2005/10/17 12:31

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Earlier year, XOOPS held it's own (little) XOOPSdem conference in Brussels, parallel to the FOSDEM meeting that is held there every year. The result was some good talks, lots of fruitful discussion, and a real XOOPSers meeting.

Next year, we want to see more XOOPSers there! I want this to be a real collaboration between (at least) the german, DUtch and French XOOPS support communities, supported by XOOPS.org.

But, we'll need ideas on how to go about this. Is a free conference best, or if we askk a fee (for luch, dinner party?) better to get more people? And should we limit it to DE, FR and NL/BE, or should we make it bigger?

Who do you want to see/hear? what do you want to do? Do you think it would be good to get a developer room at FOSDEM, or keep it separate?

Can we find sponsors for this event? People willing to help organise? Someone willing to coordinate?

Any help and feedback and input is greatly appreciated!

Herko

solo71
Re: FOSDEM 2006 and XOOPS
  • 2005/10/17 13:20

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

All I can say, so far, is that you will have to count with the French Speaking XOOPS team. That is Hervé, Christian, Philou and myself. More are going to come undoubtly.

If you want my opinion, this meeting should be as open as possible. Anyway, if we have deutch, german and french speaking representatives, english would be the day language. So let's welcome all.

Do you think the FOSDEM would let us have a place somewhere for us?

Herko
  • 2005/10/17 13:27

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

We can always ask for a presentation and a developers room, but that would not be as open and focussed on XOOPS as we can when we do it separate or parallel.

I agree on making it as open as possible But I have noticed that asking for a (small) fee often helps to make people come, plus we can organise a nice lunch and social programme

Herko

marin
  • 2005/10/17 13:39

• marin

• Just popping in

it's important to have got a place in the official program (please not the same difficulty about the last year) If you want, I can contact the official team of the fosdem for place XOOPS in the official program

---
sorry for my verry bad english
(I live in brussels)

solo71
  • 2005/10/17 13:53

• solo71

• Module Developer

I must say the room we had this year (XOOPSdem 2005) was perfect. Of course we were outside the FOSDEM itself, but as we were only xoopsers there, it was perfect. It just depend wether we want it open or not. We may have a stand somewhere in the FOSDEM (Alain01?) for everyone and a meeting room somewhere else for the Xoopsers? Or maybe is it too much?

Fees? Why not. I don't care contributing to the meeting, but sponsorship would be a more attractive solution IMHO.

davidl2
  • 2005/10/17 14:23

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I may be interested in going - time, work and cost willing...

wtravel

I think this year I will be able to make it . I agree that we should keep it as open as possible, not focussing on country communities but on the whole of XOOPS.

Paying on upfront fee for the organization and food/drinks would not be a problem if it makes things easier to organize this.

Best wishes

Herko
  • 2005/10/17 18:09

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

I agree that it would not be focussed on those support communities, I was looking for an organisation committee, sort of a joint task force Lets make this a real XOOPS project, not one from xoops.org or any other distinction, but people from all over working together and meet up

Herko

rowdie
  • 2005/11/13 17:31

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

I missed this thread originally.

I can't help with the organisation, but I will be there.

I'd prefer to have a separate XOOPSers meeting, like it was this year. It was very productive, and I think another day such as that would be good.

Maybe we could have the XOOPSdem on Saturday, and a presence at FOSDEM on the Sunday, if enough people are interested? I'm willing to help out on the day, just not organise...

And a fee to cover lunch/dinner sounds reasonable to me.

Rowd

Herko
  • 2005/11/13 19:22

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

The job of lead organiser is still vacant any takers?

Herko

Login

Who's Online

124 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 124

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits