roujinz
Ventrilo module problem
  • 2005/10/10 7:48

• roujinz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/5

I installed the modeul for Ventrilo on my site but i seem to be having one problem. I have debug on and when i go to the actual link for ventril on my site i get the following error message:
Error occurred while requesting server info: PHP Unable to start external status process.

Did I miss a step? Is there something that needs to be reconfigured?

If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

www.clanzunited.com
xoops 2.2.2

-roujinz

PS. i am somewhat still a noob to xoop and scripts so step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated!

Tabasco
Re: Ventrilo module problem
  • 2005/10/10 10:18

• Tabasco

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/26

Does your Ventrilo host run:

PHP Ventrilo Status Scripts

http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

Do you know the path to it on the Ventrilo server?

roujinz
  • 2005/10/10 18:10

• roujinz

• Just popping in

oh.. i thought that file was supposed to be located on the site you are running the module on.

Currently this is the way i have the module configured:
"mysitename"/public_html/modules/ventrilo/bin/ventrilo_status.php

if i understand you correctly the module configuration is supposed to point to the file location on the actual server that Ventrilo is running on and not the site the module is installed on??

if thats the case than No, i thought the ventrilo status file was supposed to be located in my modules folder where i installed the ventrilo XOOPS module.

Please clarify. Thanks!

Tabasco
  • 2005/10/10 19:48

• Tabasco

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/26

That's my understanding.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

We usehttp://www.typefrag.com/ for ventrilo, and they give us a script to run on our website to show who is on our ventrilo.

roujinz
  • 2005/10/10 22:39

• roujinz

• Just popping in

Well it wont hurt for me to contact my hosting company for Ventrilo and ask them if they can give me the file location.
I use ecgnetworks.com for my vent server.

But if in the mean time if someone knows if this indeed is my problem or have another solution please let me know.

Thanks!

Will_H
  • 2005/10/12 7:16

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

either way the script will be the same, there are just user defined variables that need to be edited. i.e. server route i.e. ip and port. here is where it may differ. when it comes to ts you need shell acces to access the logs server side. I am not sure if vent is similar because i could never understand paying to find out :)

In short, yes you are forced to request your provider supply the script.

Oh BTW its nice to see a fellow gaming site developer
www.4theus.com

roujinz
  • 2005/11/1 5:34

• roujinz

• Just popping in

well i hate to bring this back up again, but...

i am still having some problems with this module and hope i can get some help fixing it.

I have contacted the hosting company and they said that the status file does belong on my local site. i think i finally read this somewhere else too.

Here are some errors that i currently am getting:

Quote:
Warning: main(ventrilostatus.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/clanzite/public_html/modules/ventrilo/bin/ventrilotest.php on line 12

Warning: main(ventrilostatus.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/clanzite/public_html/modules/ventrilo/bin/ventrilotest.php on line 12

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'ventrilostatus.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/clanzite/public_html/modules/ventrilo/bin/ventrilotest.php on line 12

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: cventrilostatus in /home/clanzite/public_html/modules/ventrilo/bin/ventrilotest.php on line 31

Here is what is on line 12 & 31 of my test file:
12: include "ventrilostatus.php";
31: $stat = new CVentriloStatus;

Also this is how i have my test file setup:
Quote:
$stat = new CVentriloStatus;
$stat->m_cmdprog = "/home/clanzite/public_html/modules/ventrilo/bin/ventrilo_status.php"; // Adjust accordingly.
$stat->m_cmdcode = "2"; // Detail mode.
$stat->m_cmdhost = "127.0.0.1"; // Assume ventrilo server on same machine.
$stat->m_cmdport = "3784"; // Port to be statused.
$stat->m_cmdpass = ""; // Status password if necessary.

I have tried numerous settings and tweaks but unfortunately i still cannot get this module to work correctly! Currently all i get is a blank page each time i click on the menu link. I am a noob to php so for all i know i could be just f'ing up the settings each time.

Please HELP!

-roujinz

Durruti
  • 2005/11/23 8:25

• Durruti

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/23

What you're doing wrong is that you're not supposed to upload the PHP Ventrilo Status Scripts to the /bin folder. What you actually need is a program called Ventrilo_Status which comes bundled with the server package.

Download whichever server package is right for the platform your webhost is running. Unpackage it and inside will be the file, Ventrilo_Status in the nix package or Ventrilo_Status.exe in the windows package.

This is what needs to be in your /bin, not the php files that come with the status scripts.

Hope this helps

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits