Zorglub
Wf-Downloads - One year
  • 2005/10/10 5:53

• Zorglub

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/26

Hi Guys !

Here is a repost of a question I submitted one year ago in wf-projects. It is all in an authorization problem. I think the problem should be quite easy to solve, for someone skilled in XOOPS developing. I am not skilled in XOOPS progamming, then I can't solve it on my own.

Quote:

One year ago, I <a href="http://www.wf-projects.com/archive/modules/ipboard/index.php?act=ST&f=11&t=680&s=4a2a10657df39c7e80105d85cf524185" target="_blanK">submitted a problem</a> that I have with Wf-Downloads.
The problem lies in authorization, and I think it only belongs to one file "viewcat.php".
This problem alllows anyone to access the content of any category you define, even if the user does not belong to the authorized group.

It is important enough to avoid using Wf-Downloads on my website.

I am really sad about that, because WF-Downloads is the perfect module for what I need.

I am really sad that one year later, hothing has changed. No newd whether someone is try to sole it, or not. Well, I think someone told once in the forum that another one was working on it but ... nothing.

I was disapointed to see that the 2.05b version did not solve that problem at all.

Do believe me, if I was skilled enough to work on that problem, I would have, long time ago. But I don't.

I will post the same post on xoops.org, maybe someone will be able to solve that issue.

Even i am disappointed and illusionfree now, I thank the whole team for the work that is done.

DCrussader
Re: Wf-Downloads - One year

Year and half ago, wf-projects have developers, which was working on their projects, currently wf-projects are ghosts, there is no support, no maintenance, anything latest bugfix release of wf-downloads prove my words. So I will recommend u to use patched WF-Downloads from Mithrandir (Ian Pederson) Packs for XOOPS 2.2, Download Community Pack and u're in.

Download Community Pack -https://xoops.org/modules/core/singlefile.php?cid=9&lid=98

Krobi (or Kr...something) PD-Downloads is not very bad fork of Catzwolf Downloads 2.2 Pro BETA Forever, and u can check it also from www.power-dreams.com.

I'm currently using Mithrandir WF-Downloads on www.xoopsbg.org without any problems. So I suggest u to get it and install it.

Probably u can use and Catzwolf Downloads 2.2 Beta from XOOPS CVS, but this module novadays looks more than earlie alpha instead of BETA which pretend to be.

If u're using Mith's XOOPS 2.2.2 or 2.2.3RC, Snapshots u have to choose from the following modules to maintain downloads section:

1. Mith's WF-Downloads
2. MyDownloads 1.10 from XOOPS 2.0.13.1
3. WMP Downloads 1.1
4. PD-Downloads 1.2

The following modules are no longer supported by XOOPS 2.0/2.2

1. GS Downloads
2. Downloads SE
3. Downloads Pro (French release only)
May The Source Be With You!

Login

Who's Online

288 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 288

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits