pegasus00321
XOOPS eXtreme

I wanted to release kind of a modified version of XOOPS that is made to run faster via optimization of XOOPS Code.
This code is basically the modified XOOPS Code that I use to run my sites and I've seen terrific Page Generation Time improvements with these modifications.

Now, before I did, I just wanted to make sure that its not against the XOOPS license or against the developers wishes. So speak up or forever be silent!
Pegasus00321

I would appricate it if you click this link
TuFat.com PHP Scripts and etc

carnuke
Re: XOOPS eXtreme
  • 2005/10/8 5:52

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

This sounds very interesting, but with some comment

you say "I wanted to release kind of a modified version of XOOPS". Do you mean a complete XOOPS package? Or some hacks? If you mean a complete version of xoops, my guess is the developers here would be very interested to see your concepts. Ideally we work as a collaborative community here, where we share development that ultimately benefits the project as a whole. Optimisation of course is a major part of that, but we wouldn't want to release a fork version, would we?

Providing you keep within the terms of the GNU GPL license, of course, you have no restrictions.

Optimisation is a valuable topic, so let's see what you've got.
http://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

Herko
  • 2005/10/8 7:19

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Optimisation is probably the key theme for the next major release (XOOPS 2.4), so yes, we're interested in your code. We'd rather not you release it as a separate package, because that would limit the benefit for our users (due to compatibility, upgradability etc.), and will give you the benefit of having your work scrutinised by XOOPS experts and a large beta testing group. So submit your work through the sf.net patch trackers, and contact Skalpa about your concepts and what you did and why If your work is good, we'll see about adding it to the core!

Herko

pegasus00321

Well, I dont add code to speed up XOOPS, i remove uneccesary code.
And its not just about speed improvements, its also about security.

So I'll probably put something out in a week or so.
Pegasus00321

pegasus00321

Unfortunitly, the MotherBoard on my computer fried and I had to send it in for repair. Like 5 to 7 days before I get it back. The release is gonna get pushed back at least 2 weeks.
Pegasus00321

smdcom

lol...

I'm just excited to see your concepts. :(

pegasus00321

Because XOOPS 2.2.x is coming out this weekend, I will be creating a XOOPS eXtreme for that version after its confirmed to be stable.
Pegasus00321

Herko
  • 2005/10/28 21:49

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Why not work WITH the XOOPS core developers and tell them about the changes you want to make, instead of creating a hack/fork with all your changes? Isn't that less productive?

Herko

Marco
  • 2005/10/28 21:49

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Quote:

pegasus00321 wrote:
Because XOOPS 2.2.x is coming out this weekend, I will be creating a XOOPS eXtreme for that version after its confirmed to be stable.

great !
thanks
marco
Do synergy or die.

Jharis
  • 2005/10/28 22:57

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

pegasus00321,

Any chance that you'd consider working with XOOPS core devs? It would be so much nicer if your inspiration and hard work could be officially supported. Any potential problems could then be handled by many rather than one individual. Besides working with core devs helps improve XOOPS in a very positive way.

don (el paso)
motto - green chili for everything!

Login

Who's Online

186 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 186

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits