tvepsorg
Xoops Gaming Themes?
  • 2005/9/10 13:40

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Does anyone know any place to get gaming themes? Are there any other XOOPS gaming sites out there? My site is BornSlacker.com. I've altered a montisarts theme for our team, but I've yet to see any other gaming sites made with xoops.

davidl2
Re: Xoops Gaming Themes?
  • 2005/9/10 13:45

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

tvepsorg
  • 2005/9/10 13:46

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

tvepsorg
  • 2005/9/15 11:34

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

That's it for gaming sites. Your not stunning the gaming community here xoops.

JMorris
  • 2005/9/15 12:26

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Pardon me for being blunt, but...

When exactly did it become the community's responsibility to cater to a niche market?

Nobody owes anybody anything here. If gaming themes are so important to you, why dont you produce some. That would solve your problem. I'm sure other people would appreciate it as well.

If you don't know how to make a theme, look at the FAQ. If you still have problems, visithttp://www.w3schools.com .

As a theme designer, the reason I don't make gaming themes is because I think gaming is a tremendous waste of time and resources and so are the bloated themes that so many gamers seem to prefer. And I sure as h3ll am not going to waste my time for someone who has an overinflated sense of entitlement.

Bottom line...

You've posted and complained numerous times that there are no good gaming themes for XOOPS. That XOOPS isn't impressing the gaming community, etc, etc, etc.

Instead of complaining about the situation, why not do something about it?

Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

DevlshOne
  • 2005/9/15 23:09

• DevlshOne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/15

http://dowp.mednickonline.com

http://cohp.mednickonline.com
[size=x-small]Dawn of War Planet
RTS Planet
[/size]

talunceford

www.tswn.com / www.bf2online.com
Tim
www.tswn.com | www.bf2online.com | aquaria.tswn.com | www.bf2142online.org

tvepsorg
  • 2005/9/16 4:51

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

Quote:

JMorris wrote:
Pardon me for being blunt, but...

When exactly did it become the community's responsibility to cater to a niche market?

Nobody owes anybody anything here. If gaming themes are so important to you, why dont you produce some. That would solve your problem. I'm sure other people would appreciate it as well.

If you don't know how to make a theme, look at the FAQ. If you still have problems, visithttp://www.w3schools.com .

As a theme designer, the reason I don't make gaming themes is because I think gaming is a tremendous waste of time and resources and so are the bloated themes that so many gamers seem to prefer. And I sure as h3ll am not going to waste my time for someone who has an overinflated sense of entitlement.

Bottom line...

You've posted and complained numerous times that there are no good gaming themes for XOOPS. That XOOPS isn't impressing the gaming community, etc, etc, etc.

Instead of complaining about the situation, why not do something about it?

Regards,

James

I expected this response from the leading producer of boring XOOPS themes.

I like the whole version 2, and 3, and 4. Where all you do is change a few colors. That's so awesome.

tvepsorg
  • 2005/9/16 4:53

• tvepsorg

• Quite a regular

Those other sites listed are pretty cool. Anybody else want to show off their gaming site?

Bassman
  • 2005/9/16 5:12

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Quote:

tvepsorg wrote:
I expected this response from the leading producer of boring XOOPS themes.

I like the whole version 2, and 3, and 4. Where all you do is change a few colors. That's so awesome.

James has put more of his own time, energy and talents into XOOPS and this site than most. Fair enough if you don't like his themes, but that doesn't give you the right to rubbish him or his work. Come back when you can produce work that's as good as his (or anything useful to Xoops)

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits