tedsmith
Blocks shift about after 2.0.13.1 Upgrade
  • 2005/8/25 21:48

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Hi

I'm really panicking here!! I was about to launch my new website to a committe of 12 people at the end of this week and I thought I'd apply the 2.0.13.1 pathc to my 2.0.13 installation.

After doing so I've noticed that with two modules (Membership and SmartClient) the right hand blocks shift to the left hand side and throw the whole page out of whack!!!!! It looks stupid!

I've checked that I've applied the patch fully which I think I have. I've updated the system module, and to make sure I've regenerated my system templates and the templates for both the modules!

I've tried it with different themes and I get different alignment problems depending on the themes. So I don't think it's a theme or module issue particularily.

The other modules all seem OK though.

Can anyone help me suss this out! I'm really desperate and really rather upset having got my site to near perfection and now this! And no, I haven't got a recent backup (last one was a week ago and I've done quite a bit of work since)

HELP!!!

Thanks

Ted

tedsmith
Re: Blocks shift about after 2.0.13.1 Upgrade
  • 2005/8/26 8:54

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Additional info...

I also deleted the content of the templates_c folder, and I've ensured that the 'apply changes to html templates' etc etc is set to Yes in System Admin.

The weird thing is that it's fine when I'm logged in as webmaster. The problem only applies to ther users, regardless of what user group I put them in (even if I put them in the webmasters group!)

They say a picture says a thousand words, so here is a copy from the webmasters account :

http://www.f3.org.uk/temp_graphics/blocksOK.jpg

and here is a copy using a different users account :

http://www.f3.org.uk/temp_graphics/blocksBad.jpg

See how a big white space appears at the top right and the bottom bar of my theme gets put between by central column and my right hand blocks.

Please...can someone help me with this?

Ted

tedsmith
  • 2005/8/26 10:08

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Still very desperate...but have narrowed it down a bit.

If I disable all of the right column blocks, there's no problem. As soon as I enable ANY of the right hand blocaks (it doesn't matter which one I enable) the problem comes back.

So it's something to do with end of the central blocks and the beginning of the right hand blocks. But I haven't a clue to what to look for.

I've tried turing the Smarty Debug on, but it doesn't reveal any error, and unfortunately the PHP debug just gives me hundreds of notice warnings (but it has done ever since I first installed 2.0.13).

Does that help anyone figure this out for me?

Ted

tedsmith
  • 2005/8/26 11:58

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

To go and have a look please login at www.f3.org.uk with the username testuser4 and password of BRAVEBEAR. You will have a limited account with access to the Smartclient module and a few of the blocks that are also shown in the webmasters group so that the effect is re-created for you. So far, the only way I have of avoIding this problem is by disabling the right hand blocks when the user views the SmartClient module. But I don't want to have to do that.

tedsmith
  • 2005/8/26 15:15

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Cracked it!!!

Guess what it was? Tha statistics block in SmartClient. I'd got it set for only webmasters to view, and that was the difference. When I set it so that my testing group of users could also see the stats section, the problem goes away.

So now all I need to do (with the help of Marcan perhaps) is figure out why the problem occurs with that particular part of the module.

Thanks to all, but especially JDseymour who gave me about an hour of his time today with a live chat session. He rocks!

Ted

marcan
  • 2005/8/30 13:10

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Quick question, what version of SmartClient are you using ?

Thanks !
.:: marcan (aka mal aka Marc-André) ::.
.:: Open Source :: The SmartFactory ::.
.:: XOOPS Professional Services :: INBOX International ::.

tedsmith
  • 2005/8/30 13:20

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Hi Marcan

Version 1.0.2 Final (2005-06-17)

marcan
  • 2005/9/12 11:41

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Hi,

Try this (thanks to solo !) : smartclient_patch.zip and update the module.

Let me know !
.:: marcan (aka mal aka Marc-André) ::.
.:: Open Source :: The SmartFactory ::.
.:: XOOPS Professional Services :: INBOX International ::.

tedsmith
  • 2005/9/12 17:25

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Yo Marcan...

Yep, that's worked a treat. Tried it on my test site...OK, tried it on my live site..OK. Bravo! Thanks to Solo.

Ted

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits