LittleBoeddh
Modules missing in install file.

Hi there ..

I am missing all basic installation modules in the 2.2.x (latest version) install file.

I tried all 2.2.x versions and all lack the modules except the pm / profile and system module.

Can anyone help me out here??

Mithrandir
Re: Modules missing in install file.

Check the Module Repository for new modules and updated versions of the former core modules that are no longer included in the core packages.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Shine
  • 2005/8/15 14:28

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

No offence Mith, but I think this isn't a fullfilling answer.
Where in the world should this new user look for? He/she doesn't know which module were formaly core modules.
Second: as you know a lot of modules occor problems within the XOOPS 2.2.x releases.

Even I, as an old user, am somewhat lost in what modules work and which don't, or least not properly. The Module repository doesn't give you any descend clues on which modules are compatible and which are not. It is confusing.
Apart from the great job you are all doing (I seriously mean that!) I really hope XOOPS will make it's new releases more module backwards compatible. This is what also was promised to the users who where asking about module compatibility somewhile ago.....even before it's first 2.2 releases.

Xoops.org still runs under version 2.x (at least this is what David answered to a question, asked by me considering the used modules on this website and unclear which version xoops.org is running at this moment)
A new user see which modules you and others are running and think they will run without any problem. (considering he/she doesn't knows the problems about -in-compatibility!) But than, surprisingly, some of them don't.

To the new user:
The formaly xoopscore modules were:
mylinks
mydownloads
news (1.3)
xoopspoll
xoopsfaq
contact
sections (which I cannot recommend)
xoopspartners
newbb (advice take CBB latest release!)
xoopsmembers
xoopsheadline

You have to consider there are modules which won't work properly or not at all within the XOOPS 2.2.x version. At this moment users and devs are trying to figure out which they are exactly. Please read the different topics within this forum to get an idea!

Hope to be of any help, grtz., Shine

davidl2
  • 2005/8/15 15:14

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I still use Sections although its not as good as the other content modules out now...

hyperpod
  • 2005/8/15 15:55

• hyperpod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/4

Why cant you use XOOPS 2.0.13 ??

If you require basic modules, 2.0.13 covers that requirement.

What requirements do you have that are not covered by 2.0.13??
Daniel Hall / XOOPS Module Development & Theme Design
Free XOOPS Support > My Wish List

LittleBoeddh

Thanks all for your replies...

I did a complete new install because I haven't used XOOPS before so I downloaded the latest release.
Uploaded it, installed it and then I got all sorts of errors concerning the fact that modules were missing.

I tried finding the seperate modules in th emodules section but got tired of it really.

I feel that the download 2.2.x should contain all the modules it requests during the installation.
It's very strange to me that I get an install (full) and it misses 90% of all the modules.

I figured it was an error in the packaging of the files.

I will remove it all and try the 2.0.13 version.

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits