ivan8r
2nd instance of myalbum-p problem
  • 2005/8/8 19:54

• ivan8r

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/1

I just installed a second instance of myalbum-p, and it's having some problems. I am pretty sure that I made some error when installing the second instance, and maybe one of you could point me in the right direction.

I made an exact copy of my first instance of myalbum and renamed the folder myalbum2. I then went into xoops_version.php and changed the line

Quote:
$mydirname = basename( dirname( __FILE__ ) ) ;

to

Quote:
$mydirname = "myalbum2";

I then did a global find and replace in the file and changed myalbum to myalbum2.

I'm pretty sure this is not the proper way to insert a second instance of myalbum, but I am hosted and don't have full control of everything on the server side.

The strange part of this is that the module appears on the site. Only problem is that I can't seem to upload pictures to it because it says file size is larger than it should be. I've changed my prefs to a very large size, and I still get the error. I'm thinking that it's because I screwed up the install of the module.

Any suggestions? Should I just start over again?
Ivan Vasquez
http://www.akwebz.com

tedsmith
Re: 2nd instance of myalbum-p problem
  • 2005/8/8 20:10

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I have 3 instances on my site. The first is called myalbum, the second myalbum1 and the third myalbum2 (they start from 0, not 1). All you then do is copy the module content to each folder, and the should show up as three seperate modules (but all called myalbum). Then, once you have installed each one (just as would if you had a single instance) you will notice that the graphic for each module is slightly different and there's a '1' and '2' in the graphic for the second and third instances.

I'm fairly sure that's how I did it, but it was a year ago! Certainly no need to do what you did above - that I am sure!

Good luck!

Ted

ivan8r
  • 2005/8/8 20:27

• ivan8r

• Just popping in

So did you even change the folder name before you uploaded it? Should I copy my original folder and rename it myalbum1? You didn't make any changes to the xoops_version file?
Ivan Vasquez

ivan8r
  • 2005/8/8 21:37

• ivan8r

• Just popping in

I can't believe that I didn't try this in the first place, but I just copied my myalbum folder, called it myalbum1, and uploaded it. Everything worked perfectly without modifying the xoops_version.php file.

I guess I was just trying to do things the hard way, but the module was written so well that I didn't need to do so much work.

Thank you for your help!
Ivan Vasquez

tedsmith
  • 2005/8/9 7:07

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Yes, perhaps I didn't explain what I meant properly. But yes, you just create three folders, one called myalbum, one called myalbum1, and one called myalbum2 (for 3 instances). Then upload the module content to each one. I think the most you can have is 4 instances - no more than that.

GIJOE does create great modules - he's a smart cookie! Glad to have been a help anyway.

Ted

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits