mwstratton
Donation Module not showing donations.
  • 2005/8/7 15:55

• mwstratton

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/19

I'm having an issue with the Donations module where it's not showing the donors if I manually add them in. I haven't had anyone able to donate through paypal yet to see if this works however. I have people give me donations on the side however and wish to add them to the site, but when I add them to the treasury they do not show up and the balance does not change.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!
Wes

barryc
Re: Donation Module not showing donations.
  • 2005/8/7 16:29

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

If you search the site you'll find a long thread on this. Some people have had problems using donations, some not.

What version of XOOPS and of Donations are you using? There are at least three floating around, the 1.4, the 1.9beta and a hack of the latter, as I remember.

My personal experience has been that I could not get Donations to work on my primary live site running XOOPS 2.0.13. However, on a test site, also 2.0.13, it did. The problem on the live site was that the IPN was not getting back to the server and so donations weren't shown or deducted from monthly goals. On the test site that worked just fine.

I recently tried it on a new test installation of XOOPS 2.2. It installed, prefs could be set up, but I had the same problem as above. Donations were not registered on the server.

I hope some programmer will take a look at Donations on 2.2. I think it is iimportant to get it working.

By the way, I suggest that you try a test donation, if you have a private Paypal account to use. You can set up a $1 donation in the module and refund yourself later on the Paypal site.

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

m0nty
  • 2005/8/7 18:24

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

make sure the IPN email address that you use for donations, is an actual mailbox.. not a catch all account or forwarding account.. it has to be a proper email box..

toddherrold

I had Donations 1.9 working on XOOPS 2.0 but when I upgraded to 2.2, it stopped working. Since then, I updated the module and now it appears to be working again.

So, try just running a module update on it after the upgrade to 2.2. It worked for me.

Login

Who's Online

439 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 439

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits