m3zzr
Problem with myTutorials.
  • 2005/8/4 2:01

• m3zzr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/11

I have a clean install of XOOPS (latest version 2.2)

I have uploaded the module and use the admin section to install it..

however, it does not seem to work..

firstly, any changes do not get saved when the save option is clicked, and it returns the following:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: op in file modules/tutorials/admin/index.php line 1417

anyone help with this?

cheers

DCrussader
Re: Problem with myTutorials.

This module is incompatible with XOOPS 2.0.10 and later. Change it to alternative.

Hmmmm, maybe I should create one comaptibility list for this modules....
May The Source Be With You!

LazyBadger

Quote:

m3zzr wrote:

firstly, any changes do not get saved when the save option is clicked, and it returns the following:

"C00l x00pZer never read docs"? You forgot chmod some dirs, I think (because this part worked for me)... But in any case MyTutorial is buggy as Win95
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

DCrussader

Ha, Windows 95 OSR2 is the most stable Windows ever released from Microshit corporation.
May The Source Be With You!

StarShaper
  • 2005/8/24 2:53

• StarShaper

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/25

Quote:

m3zzr wrote:
I have a clean install of XOOPS (latest version 2.2)

I have uploaded the module and use the admin section to install it..

however, it does not seem to work..

Notice [PHP]: Undefined variable: op in file modules/tutorials/admin/index.php line 1417

anyone help with this?

cheers

It's just a PHP Notice. This is not an error! Believe me, I tried MyTutorials 2.1b on XOOPS 2.2.X and it works. Honestly, MyTutorials is outdated. Old Code, doesn't have any editors, picture managers, PHP Classes and and and...

You have to activate Register Globals in your php.ini to get the module work. I have a fixed version on my computer which is an advanced MyTutorials Module (Sarch this forum and you will find it, but the version there needs register globals too) . I fixed several Bugs, removed the register globals issue and added lots of stuff. I know from the original Module developer that he will not continue MyTutorials Development!

However, after some time I figured out that there is a much better solution for this problem.

The News Script 1.4 from the XOOPS Developers is the ANSWER. MyTutorials is a module to publish tutorials. Basically it does the same as the News module, except that the news module is much better!

So I made a MOD of the News Script named Tutorials and it works like a charm. I will publish the module as soon as I find some time to write the english language files. If you are interested send a mail to jefersoncole at aol.com

cu

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits