vizuonline
Moved xoops... lost some things
  • 2005/7/28 9:51

• vizuonline

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/5 1

Hello,
I just moved my entire XOOPS site to a new server. Everything seems to have gone smoothly (thanks to this sites FAQs) but there are a few things that are different from the original site which concerns me. I copied all files and the database exactly. The only changes i made were:
- modify the mainfile.php and obviously all the root paths changed
- deleted all template_c files and cache files (based on a recomendation in the forum)(I have saved a copy of the cache/adminmenu.php though putting it back didn't seem to change anything)

The changes I see are mostly involving the admin. I had modified the html and php to remove the rollover menu in the admin so I assumed the change would still be there as its in the pages i transfered. Plus some of my permission settings for groups were not saved. I thought all that was in the database and therefore should not have changed?

Its not a huge problem I can redo all the changes as I find them but I would like to understand better what happened. Does XOOPS recreate the admin files?
And is there a better way to turn off the rollover menu?

Thank you for any info

jdseymour
Re: Moved xoops... lost some things

I would check the xoops_group_permission and the xoops_groups_users_link tables for proper insertion. Were there any errors during the query operation?

If all looks well with these tables attempt a repair in phpmyadmin and see if it clears up your problem.

Herko
  • 2005/7/28 11:05

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

and click on the update icon on the right-hand side of the system module in system admin -> modules. This will make sure that the changes to mainfile.php (mainly the URL) are made everywhere.

Herko

vizuonline
  • 2005/7/28 13:36

• vizuonline

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/5 1

thank you its all better now

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits