Kerzon
Upgrade Problem
  • 2005/7/22 1:39

• Kerzon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/6/4 1

Greetings,

I recently upgraded to version 2.0,12a from 2.0.10 and now get the following error message when trying to log in to do administration:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/mobiusd/public_html/include/functions.php on line 145

The main problem I notice is that all the custom blocks I created are no longer displaying properly even though the titles still appear.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Kerzon

Mobius Donut
Rock-Oriented Rock

m0nty
Re: Upgrade Problem
  • 2005/7/22 2:09

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

try XOOPS 2.0.13

also regarding blocks, check that system_block_dummy.html template is present and generated properly in the templates manager.

did you update system module after update?

Kerzon
  • 2005/7/22 11:01

• Kerzon

• Just popping in

Hi Monty,

Did the upgrade to 2.0.13 and the problem persists. I did update the system module but unfortunately cannot get into the templates manager. However, I did check the templates folder in the system module and it looks like system_block_dummy.html is being properly generated.

Line 145 in functions.php contains the following:

return $GLOBALS['xoopsSecurity']->checkReferer($docheck);

I admit I am not sure how this ties in with my error message.

Any other suggestions are of course welcome.
Kerzon

Mobius Donut
Rock-Oriented Rock

jdseymour

Quote:
I did update the system module but unfortunately cannot get into the templates manager. However, I did check the templates folder in the system module and it looks like system_block_dummy.html is being properly generated.

The file system_block_dummy.html will be in the folder because that is where it is placed in development, to be used it must be in the database. What error do you receive when trying to access the template administration page? If you are using a cloned template set system templates may have to be manually generated there.

Kerzon
  • 2005/7/22 13:37

• Kerzon

• Just popping in

I am now able to get into the templates manager, I was getting the same error message I mentioned initally (when trying to log in), but was able to comment out line 145 in functions.php. The templates manager shows system_block_dummy.html is present under system, when I click edit I get the following code listed for system_block_dummy.html:

<{$dummy_content}>

This is not a cloned template set.
Kerzon

Mobius Donut
Rock-Oriented Rock

Kerzon
  • 2005/7/22 14:39

• Kerzon

• Just popping in

An update to my ongoing problem. When I go to my blocks administration page I can view the content of my custom blocks but cannot delete them (thought I might try to re-create them). When I try to delete them I get the usual page "Are you sure you want to delete block (block name)?", yet the usual Yes and Cancel buttons are no longer there. Furthermore, in the Blocks Admin page there is no longer the editor at the bottom to create a custom block.

Aigh!
Kerzon

Mobius Donut
Rock-Oriented Rock

dundasr
  • 2005/8/6 6:18

• dundasr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/21

wow...you have nailed my exact issue!!! I just upgraded through Fantastico to 2.0.13 and have lost all of the custom block content! So, I installed 2.0.13 locally and created a custom block. I found that during the upgrade version, I lost my system_block_dummy.html file in my default template. I believe that this is the root-cause, as the database record for my upgrade version matches my local (new install) version exactly (I was thinking that a table may have changed structure).

I cloned the template set as "upgrade" and tried to upload a new system_block_dummy.html (downloaded from my local version), but the error message it gives is "Template file system_block_dummy.html does not need to be installed (PHP files using this template file does not exist)". I tried clicking the generate button, but it states that the "Selected file does not exist)"

I re-examined the directories and found that my upgrade version is missing the php template file that corresponds to the system_block_dummy.html "%%3F^3FE^3FE98188%%db%3Asystem_block_dummy.html.php", but haven't figured out how to install it on the upgrade version...

done for the night! I'll try again tomorrow. Hopefully, someone else will have better luck!

-Rob

dundasr
  • 2005/8/6 18:18

• dundasr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/21

OK...figured it out...

Once I placed the template file in the template directory; on my system, it is called "%%3F^3FE^3FE98188%%db%3Asystem_block_dummy.html.php"

I had to insert one record into the database:

/**
INSERT INTO `xoops_tplfile` ( `tpl_id` , `tpl_refid` , `tpl_module` , `tpl_tplset` , `tpl_file` , `tpl_desc` , `tpl_lastmodified` , `tpl_lastimported` , `tpl_type` )
VALUES (
'', '1', 'system', 'default', 'system_block_dummy.html', 'Dummy template for custom blocks or blocks without templates', 'now()', 'now()', 'block'
);
**/

Once done, my custom blocks are back baaabeeeeeee!!!

Good luck
-Rob

Login

Who's Online

372 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 372

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits