DavidFeng
Problem moving database
  • 2005/7/20 8:02

• DavidFeng

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/6 1

Situation: I'm moving sites and I want to take my whole XOOPS site along, members, news, forums and all that. Let's say from Host A to Host B. Now I can log into phpMyAdmin on Host A and download all databases and stuff like that, but I read this:

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=193

When you export from PHPmyadmin check the following options in the export options: SQL, Add DROP TABLE, Add AUTO_INCREMENT, Enclose table and field names with backquotes, Use hexadecimal for binary fields, set the export type to INSERT, set the filename template to _DB_, and tick to export in "gzipped" format. Select the tables that you want to export (hold down the CTRL key while clicking multiple tables for export.)

Host A runs phpMyAdmin 2.5.0 and gives me these options...

Export: I choose SQL;
SQL options: Structure
* Add 'drop table' -- checked
* Enclose table and field names with backquotes -- checked
* Data -- checked
* Complete inserts
* Extended inserts
* Dump ... row(s) starting at record # -- I leave this unchanged
* Save as file... File name template, remember template -- I leave this unchanged
* Compression -- I select "gzipped"

OK. Problem 1: The Complete and Extended inserts are checkboxes and I was only told: "set the export type to INSERT". So I have left those unchecked on the first go (but the Data option was checked).

Exported from Host A; I now log into Host B's phpMyAdmin (they run v. 2.6.0-pl3). I click SQL and I upload my database (gzipped). I'm next shown a screen of impressive technical stuff, and was told the operation was successful. The database still goes, however: "No tables found in database". (For host B, the sidebar shows a list of NO databases; for host A, 64 databases.)

OK, I assumed this wasn't going to be a problem. Uploaded a 44 K large file, and then the browser did nothing... it attempted to upload the file, but ultimately nothing happened. A click on Structure (this is all in Host B) shows: No tables found in database.

My questions:
1. When exporting, should I check Complete inserts and Extended inserts?
2. Just why aren't my databases showing up on Host B?
3. This file is just about 44 K big -- the upload fails. I've no idea...

Thanks for any help!

jdseymour
Re: Problem moving database

As stated in the Faq, the following are the options I chose, and left the others default:

Quote:
When you export from PHPmyadmin check the following options in the export options: SQL, Add DROP TABLE, Add AUTO_INCREMENT, Enclose table and field names with backquotes, Use hexadecimal for binary fields, set the export type to INSERT, set the filename template to _DB_, and tick to export in "gzipped" format. Select the tables that you want to export (hold down the CTRL key while clicking multiple tables for export.)

Make sure the user on database B has full privileges.

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits