briforge
turning on logging, or debug?
  • 2005/7/19 14:32

• briforge

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/25

This may be more of a general PHP question, I'm new to PHP too. I've gotten my first, basic PHP script working. But now I've copied a more complex script and it's not working, so I'd like to see some kind of logging. How can I turn that on, or where would I see that?

I'm running it on a hosted site, not locally. I guess I could try to get it running locally, but it receives a request (the script is posted to) and then makes another request, so I just haven't worked out my firewall settings at home yet.

Thanks

JamesSAEP
Re: turning on logging, or debug?
  • 2005/7/19 14:45

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

Administration Menu -> Site Preferences -> General Settings -> Debug mode

briforge
  • 2005/7/19 15:53

• briforge

• Just popping in

Thanks! So now that I've turned it on, where is the debug output located?

Also, how do I know which scripts/pages fall under the domain of XOOPS? For the script I'm working on, I have simply added it in a directory, and I manually request the page. So it doesn't have the left side navigation, banners, templates, etc.

McNaz
  • 2005/7/19 16:00

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

XOOPS Faq is your friend. Check out this FAQ.

briforge
  • 2005/7/19 18:00

• briforge

• Just popping in

I went through the FAQ and didn't find much that was helpful or relevant. The section on debugging referred to when you get a white screen for a .php, and that's not what I'm getting. My script has a php section, and then some simple html. The html is displaying, but nothing is showing for the php part, and I have several echos in there. But I thought it said that the debugging parts or the errors are displayed on the screen, if you've turned debugging on. Is that right?

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits